“Not that great!”

Ranked #24 of 197 Restaurants in Conyers
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I choose this Hibachi restaurant against all odds of going to the #1 popular spot "Bennihans". As we waited for an available table the food aroma was nice. We got place to a table after waiting 45 mins; we placed our orders and everyone chose salad some with either ginger/French dressing. The waitress got that wrong we did not say anything. As we ate our salads everyone discovered that the type of ginger on the salads (which consist of just iceberg lettuce) was to salty... Vegetables are normally grilled by the cook on the grill... No vegetables (carrots & celery) were served. The rice grains were a little hard which were served with the mixed veg with scramble eggs. Overall we were not happy nevertheless I stuck to paying the 15% gratuity even though it was not well deserved. I would not recommend TR his restaurant...

1  Thank Unique22414

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I visit this place at least once a month, and I thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere. The staff is so nice, and the food is always good. The prices are very reasonable for the amount of food that you receive.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Service was ok and the food was great. We all had the steak and shrimp with fried rice and enjoyed it all.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

My wife and I have been to this restaurant a few times. Here is what to expect: 1. poor ambiance, you don't go here for a romantic dinner for two. In fact, it looks like a dive. 2. No tricks. Some hibachi chefs do tricks as a part of their cooking in front of you, not here. 3. Good food. We have concentrated upon the steak and chicken. Both have been consistently tasty. The fried rice is also very good and you get a lot of it. 4. Constant refills. You should never have to ask for a refill at this establishment. If anything, I had to say no more please. They are on top of their game. 5. Very light on the wallet. We can eat for around $20 or so. Naturally, this depends upon your beverages and if you add any alcoholic drinks. Overall, this is a great restaurant with delicious food, generous portions, attentive staff, and affordable menu options.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I took the 2 great niece's here for dinner.
I retired a couple of years ago from a Japanese company and visited 6 times. The food was pretty good, I had sushi, my wife a Bento box and the 2 great niece's had a large bowl of noodles. Everything was eaten and everyone was full. The staff was good, service good, the food good. Not real Japaese high quality but worth the price. I listened to a lot of staff talk but didn't hear much Japanese if any. This place gets very busy on Fridays. Get there early if you can. We will go back.

Been to Tokyo Hibachi Express? Share your experiences!