“My Choice for Best Japanese in Town”

Shogun Japanese Steak House
Ranked #395 of 564 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 22 August 2017

While there are 4-5 local hibachi restaurants in Columbus, this is our choice 9 times out of 10. The service is usually top notch, the portions are large and the taste is just what you are looking for. We also find the cooks to be some of the most entertaining and talented in town. Atmosphere is casual, but this is still a place that offers a special dining experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Sorry sorry sorry....boring cook ‍ had on flare...wouldn't recommend server was complaining bout other workers...wife had trash in her tea ☕️ really get out of here

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have been to MANY Japanese Steak Houses and this one was less than desirable. The service was slow, the waiter was very hard to understand as he spoke very low. I could not believe that the salad did not have a ginger dressing! We were never asked what dressing we wanted, it was some creamy type of dressing that was just not good. The Miso soup had crunchy stuff on top. The gentleman who prepared our food never engaged with the people at the table. He just cooked the meal and left. No fancy knives, NOTHING! I was soooooo disappointed in taking my son and his wife here for a special dinner. AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANYTHING SPECIAL!!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The worst service ever in a hibachi restaurant! I can't even go into detail....smelled terrible, 1st salad had an entire straw paper in it....2nd had the entire root of the head of lettuce in it (obvious trash) ..... waitress acted as if she was being held against her will....manager never said anything....just kept lurking around the table like he didn't know what to do with himself. Dirty table....grill had all the trash and debris from earlier in the day.... don't go!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I usually do not like to say something bad for anybody, but this one is an exception. I have been to many hibachi style Japanese restaurants in the last several years, but this experience was very bad. In short, the service was lousy. The cleanliness was terrible. The food was average. In short, I would say that management of this place is really bad and it shows in all aspects of the restaurant.