“Very nice staff!”
Review of The Corner Grille

The Corner Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Corner Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The CORNER grille serves Lunch and Dinner daily & Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am-3pm. Entrees are New American with Cajun Influences using a combination of Steak, Seafood and Chicken. The Corner Grille also serves Beer and Wine. Choose entrees from the menu or step outside the box and try one of the daily specials. Hours of Operation are Monday-Friday 11am-9pm, Saturday 9am-9pm & Sunday9am-9pm.
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We were spending an overnight for a flight out the next morning, and the Corner Grille was a short walk away. They only serve wine and beer, but the wine we ordered was good. Our calamari and corn fritter appetizers were very tasty! Our waitress couldn’t have been nicer. We opted to share a chicken dish which looked inviting, but the flavor missed the mark. Not bad, but bland. And I couldn’t taste garlic in the garlic mashed potatoes. But, overall we enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Guess we were lucky to get a table. Only beer and wine. Southern dishes that were fabulous. Cajun Pasta had a wonderful flavor. Shrimp and Grits was great. Finished off with beignets Wow! Quaint atmosphere and excellent service.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Found this place while staying near the airport on TA and we were not disappointed. Did not want to fight traffic any more, and this was easy to find and park for free. The food is excellent, from salads to desserts. Try the gumbo, and I say that as a 4th generation Louisiana native. Wife had blackened salmon and my friend who is a fried catfish aficionado loved it. The sorbet dessert was very creamy and delicious as well. Serves only wine and beer, but with some concoctions of their own that make up for no liquor.
We liked this place so much we returned for a late Sunday brunch after eating there Friday night.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Arrived at about 11:00 am on a beautiful Sunday. The restaurant was packed, minus two tables that seat six, however, we were told there was a 30-minute wait. After about 30 minutes the hostess walked out and asked us if we minded sharing a table with another couple, to which we eagerly accepted. The waitress was extremely pleasant, though she did forget my wife's drink order (water) and forgot her food order (omelet). Both times she came back to ask for clarification on her orders.
We started with beignet's, which were absolutely delicious. I'm no expert on beignet's, but these were certainly delicious. My wife ordered the California Omelet with cheese grits, my daughter the Belgian Waffle, and me, the Cajun Pasta. The omelet was "just average," as the cheese appeared to be deli sliced (not fresh) and barely melted on the top, and needed salt and pepper to really make it enjoyable. As a side-note, my wife never adds salt and pepper to anything. The cheese grits also had pre-shredded cheese and just wasn't anything special. At a place like this, I would expect freshly grated cheese on both the omelet and the grits, but that's just me. My Daughter said the Belgian Waffle was "good," however, the side of fruit ($3) consisted of four small squares of cantaloupe, three small pieces of pineapple and an orange slice garnish. Either add fruit or drop the price! All that being said, the flavor of my Cajun Pasta was OUT. OF. CONTROL. The sauce was a little watery, but the flavor was spot-on and the penne was cooked to perfection. This is one of those dishes that you get the first time and you never deviate from as long as you eat there.
All-in-all, we would definitely go there again, but they could definitely make some small tweaks to take them to the next level. Although, it doesn't seem to matter as the place had a solid 30-45 minute wait the entire time we were there. Lastly, the water glasses stayed empty at my table, which bothered my wife, but my pasta was so good I didn't care.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

On a Tuesday evening before going to the airport for a late night flight, my husband and I went to try out The Corner Grille in nearby historic College Park. You can't beat it's convenience in location to the airport! It's right across from a Marta Station and situated in a quaint historic Episcopal church. It's open 11-9 Tuesday through Friday, and 9-9 on Saturday and Sunday.

The restaurant seemed to be going through some growing pains, as I overheard the hostess say they were "never this busy on a Tuesday". They seemed one busboy and 5 tables shy of providing excellent service. The four-top tables could seat about 50 customers, but several chairs were vacant -- that could be solved by making better use of the few two-top tables available; by reconfiguring seating as the numbers of parties change. Maybe the hostess could take a more active role in helping there?There was one unisex bathroom (which had standing water on the floor near the sink and toilet). We waited about 15-20 minutes to be seated. The waiting area featured a glass wall, so the patrons were eating in something of a fish bowl; and there was no place for the hostess to hide while a table sat unbussed.

The restaurant staff were professionally attired in black, from hostess to food passer. Our server was beautiful and sincerely sweet. She explained their specials and took our order without writing it down. We also ordered beer and wine with dinner. While we were tempted to order a burger or something to speed up the serving process, we resisted and each ordered something for which the restaurant is well-known: great Southern food with a Cajun influence. Hubby had fried catfish and shrimp with cole slaw and garlic-Parmesan mashed potatoes. I had their Cajun pasta, which. was. FABulous! While the fresh shrimp and spicy sausage were so sweet and satisfying, it was the savory Cajun creme sauce that will keep me going back!

It appeared the restaurant is adding upstairs seating. The popular use of social media apps like Trip Advisor has drawn attention to this little sweet spot. I hope they can continue to grow the business! We'll certainly be willing to try them again!