“Customer Service Varies Tremendously” 1 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia
“Customer Service Varies Tremendously”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

I checked reviews and thought I was on to something but the wild swings in customer service attitude have confirmed that elsewhere would be better. Rooms were nice and clean. Hotel is close to airport and amazingly quiet. Onsite restaurant is mediocre but service is decent. I stayed 4 times in a month and things were different each time. First stay I reserved smoking room and they did'nt have one so they accomodated me by delivering an ash tray before I even made it to the room. The next day I spoke to the manager to compliment the staff and he criticized what they did. Nevertheless, I was happy and made three more reservations with the manager. You would think that since I had made such a big deal about smoking that he would have made the reservations properly but upon my second arrival, I was told that I didn't have a smoking reservation and they couldn't accomodate me. As much as I would like to be a non-smoker it's not an option for me. Upon speaking to the manager he just simply blew me off and he was the one that made the reservations, of course, he didn't remember me and despite former and future stays, simply responded that there would be a charge to have the room cleaned and refused to accomodate me as his staff had done previously. Sneaky though, the cleaning charge didn't show on the bill when I check out, despite the fact that I brought it to their attention. I insisted and recieved written confirmation of smoking room from the staff after that so that the manager would have to live within the policies. Moral of the story is, without written confirmation of your reservation they will not honor it and customer service varies depending on the particular staff member you encounter.

Room Tip: Be prepared to have proof of what you reserved!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaryLD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Room was clean and adequate, but definitely not luxurious. I feel like he amount we paid (just over $200 for the night) was for a less than $70 hotel room. Do not pay for the breakfast. We paid $10 extra on expedia and after we checked in were only given a voucher for one person. After fighting for an additional voucher we were then told in the restaurant that we only got the "cold" buffet breakfast, which consisted of some dried bread to make our own toast; a small yoghurt or some tired canned fruit in a bowl. Additionaly we ordered room service food the evening before and it arrived cold. Our other complaint was that we waited half an hour for the bus from the airport in the pouring rain. Other hotels had two buses come and go while we waited for the Holiday Inn Select bus. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

I read guest reviews about this hotel before staying there. Wasn't sure that the stay would be good. But, it was a pleasant stay. I was told that I had to get a King's bed becasuse there were no more 2queens. After speaking to someone, this problem was corrected very soon. Enjoyed everything from the time I got there to the time I left.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

Stayed for one night when I had an overnight layover in ATL, Shuttle was fine, check in was OK, and the room was large, clean, and comfortable. I am a priority club gold member and was upgraded to the executive floor, so possibly got a better impression of the room than I would have without this benefit. In room wireless internet worked fine.

Had an acceptable but unmemorable meal in the restaurant in the evening, fair prices, which I appreciated. Left early the following morning so cannot comment on breakfast. Overall, it was fine for my needs.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

This hotel is only a few minutes to ATL and is very clean and comfortable. The restaurant is very much a cut above with reasonable prices. The parking lot has good lighting and for a fee one can leave their car and take the (no cost) hotel van to the airport .

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
0.2 km away
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!