New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Clayton

Days Inn Clayton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Cape Girardeau
“Run down hotel but friendly staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

The hotel was definitely in need of quality updates. Lots of road noise even on interior rooms. Interior rooms are over the Mexican restaurant below and could hear noise until almost midnight. Hotel staff was very friendly and lobby was nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cape01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Canton, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

What a dated and worn place! The carpet was hideous and so old that the pattern was worn in a trail from front door to back of room. The furniture was scratched beyond repair and looked like it came from Goodwill. I never took my shoes off!!! The sheets were so rough and bleached that we got blisters on our elbows. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CantonGaBill

Travellers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Alamo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

Booked online 1 nite & paid. It was dingy, dirty,dark, stinky,old furniture, gross bed covers, rug dark, dirty & worn out in places, seedy charters. On my tip toes so Jean bottoms would not touch floor. would have slept in car b/4 staying there. America's Best looked the same. (learned same owners!) Quality Inn bright, clean and tastefully decorated, same floor plan but Bright, clean, fresh caulking in bath, marble counters, newer toilets, 4 thick pillows on each bed,more updated decor. Was told a dead rat was found in the tub @ DAys Inn. DON'T go there. I rec'd the same price WITH a breakfast (bacon and eggs) AND a CLEAN room at Quality Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Premiumlot
Cumming, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

My husband and I went to a wedding about 12 miles down the road in South Carolina. Clayton was the closest town. We stopped in at the Days Inn to get a room for the night. When we walked in the room it had a funny smell and it was VERY HOT. We thought maybe if we turned on the air and let it run for a while it would be OK. We were wrong. When we flushed the toilet things would not go down. There was no soap in the room. AND FINALLY...we were laying on the bed watching TV when my husband said...get up put on your clothes...we are leaving. I said why, did you see a roach? He said no worse...I will tell you when we leave. (HE KNEW I WOULD FREAK OUT!!) I kept asking and finally he said...I saw a mouse run across the room. We went down and demanded our money onlt to be asked oi we wanted another room. I said, HELL NO, I want a refund. Then the man asked how it got in the room...I said how would I know. We ended up staying at America's Best Inn. It was VERY CLEAN!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klove04
Young Harris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel this past week. This motel was hideous, the room was nasty, had not been vacuumed, there was trash all over the floor and there were hairs all over the toilet, bathroom floor and tub. It looked as if the only thing that had been done was the beds were made. There was standing dust on the furniture and the room smelled of mildew. They charged us $50 for the night, but the room wasn't worth half that much. I would recommend to stay at the Quality Inn down the street. When we checked out, there was conveniently no one in the lobby to register a complaint with. Worst motel we ever stayed at!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carlymanning70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
1.3 km away
Gateway Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Dillard
12.5 km away
Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Days Inn Clayton? Share your experiences!