“Great bar, craft beer, and food wrapped up in a hole-in-the wall exterior”

Brockett Pub House and Grill
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Clarkston
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I was shocked to stop for lunch and find so many friendly people interested in good food and beer. I was a stranger and they were pros all the way. There is a long venerable bar with great stools, and maybe 20 tables. I had shrimp tacos for lunch. Some of the best I have ever had - grilled, not fried, in a sauce that was perfectly matched to the dish. Trust me, you will be tempted to drive on by, because the exterior is so sketchy. Just do as I did: ignore your hesitancy and go in. These people have been doing this for 11 years, and have the pub business down cold. In Clarkston???? I still cannot believe it.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We ate for the second time at Brockett’s. This is one of those “hole in the wall” places that may not look like much on the outside, but is awesome! I ordered the meatball sub. I sometimes hesitate ordering meatballs out, bit this sub is extremely good. The meatballs are made with hamburger and sausage that give them a slight bite. I also ordered the BPH fries = french fries with blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing, garlic, and tomatoes (I skipped the tomatoes), killer fries. My wife had chicken quesadillas that were loaded with grilled chicken and cheese with a side of sour cream, lettuce, and salsa. There are several menu items that sound appetizing, but we keep ordering the same thing because what we had was so good. The pricing is moderate, $10.50 for the sub, extra for the BPH fries and $9.50 for the quesadillas. We have also has the same waiter both visits, Matt. He is very good. We never had to ask for anything. If you are ever in the area I recommend that you give this diamond in the rough a try.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

The queso and chips were delicious, the steak salad was good....but one person had fries that were well done, one person never got the fries they ordered, and everything else was just average. It wasn't horrible, but we wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have come here on several occasions. They always have the football games on and great food and drink specials. Our go to place when we don't feel like making dinner ourselves. Matt was a great server!

Reviewed 10 December 2016

The hard part about writing this review is not to repeat what others have already stated, i.e. hidden gem, fantastic food, great staff, can't believe I've not been before (when I've driven by many times), etc.

My friends (who come here often) & I had drinks and food. The tuna melt with fries is amazingly great. The lemon pepper wings are perhaps the best in Atlanta (dry rub type).

A bit of a dive atmosphere-wise; however, the place easily deserves 4.5 stars. Since this is my first time I will dispense with 4 (I doubt this will hurt them). I expect to upgrade my review to 5 stars soon (with future / repeat visits). This could easily become one of my new hangouts.