“Lunch is always great!”
Review of Cody J's

Cody J's
Ranked #32 of 174 Restaurants in Cartersville
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and it is always very good. The banana pudding is to die for and the strawberry salad is delicious! I have done the meat and three and those are always great. It's a little crowded but the service is always very good.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Their breakfast is always good I had the tenderloin,egg,and cheese sandwich. Added bacon to it, mmm mm so good. I would recommend you try it when your in town.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Hamburger cafe that needs to stay a hamburger cafe.Tried 6 x now ,since the holidays. Burgers always delicious, but must order a fresh grilled patty,or if yu come after the rush,yu get one cooked and barely warmed over.Cubed steak and gravy, is always good,scalloped potatoes good,slaw sometimes good but some days way too much mayo,pintos are always great,fried fish has 3x the needed cornmeal, in fact it was so thick yu have to peel large hunks off to get to the fish.The fish too was double dipped in the fryer,until the white fish was gold to brown tone.Why would yu ever take cold food of any kind to a paying customer, or double fry meat,fish,huspuppies,etc., and that happened more than once? The cook needs to be replaced for plating up cold food or double fried warm up foods . When we addressed this problem, they looked at us like we were monsters. We had to run down and ask on almost every trip, to get a refill.These people know everyone in town, and love to have a conversations with the locals,while others wait to order, and to pay,and to get refills or state your order isn't correct, or the order isn't up to par. I guess they only want family and friends,as customers. Maybe they don't fuss about things that aren't right. This cafe is in an industrial area, and has the potential to have 3x the customer base. We were told all of the above, but nobody wanted to give a local cafe a bad review, so they said nothing.I always try myself,more than a couple of times..Well, the owners need to know why they don't see new residents after the first trial visits. Either you're a meat n 3 cafe,or a place to hold conversations with friends, while those out of the loop, are left waiting. Hospitality training is needed, no matter how small a restaurant is,or where it's located.Cooking, plating,presentation,and wait staff, all have guide lines, and should be followed.Tea,always delicious,not overly sweetened.One waitress stood out, a young lady with shoulder length brown hair and glasses.They all need name plates. Great manners,sweet warm attitude,good skills with the food, checking back to see if all ok,and asking us(some visits were just me, sometimes with others ) to come back,and thanks for coming. She needs to be management and give lessons.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

CodyJ`s is near our house and is our "go to place" when we don`t have time to fix a meal, especially if we are in the mood for meat and vegetables. Overall, a good meat and three place with decent prices and friendly service. Place is family owned, and everything we have tried has been good. They have sandwiches, but I have never tried one. I recommend the country fried steak with gravy, fried okra, green beans, cole slaw, and banana pudding. CJ`s makes several home made desserts, and the banana pudding is really good. I have only tried their breakfast once, and it was good too. If you are in the area and want something other than fast food, I recommend trying CJ`s.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I bought dinner for the staff of Panama City Condo Vacations. I was pleased with the quantity and quality of the food. Great place to eat on a budget