“Excellent trout”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Southern trout with collard greens was fantastic. Prime rib was also very good. Disappointed that I didn't have room for dessert.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Long wait to get in, but it was worth it overall. Excellent service and a great dining experience. Even though they were at the peak of the dinner rush, the manager greeted every table to insure their experience was great.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

The little fish cornbread are the highlight of the meal!! Always get some Togo!!!! I don't care for their greens salad, just not for me!! If I wanted stuff that grows in my yard , I would stay home. But the main courses are very good! Usually crowded on the weekends, so hit their bar, good selection of draft beer!!
Overall very good for where it's at, under the bridge! Check out the western museum when there pre meals

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We went here after spending the day at Old Car City and came here based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed at all. We went on a Saturday night at 6 pm so we had about a 35 minute wait to get in. It was worth the wait. Service was excellent and the food was excellent as well. If you get to Cartersville Georgia, this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Cartersville, Georgia, dates to 1854 and has a population of 20,000. Located on the northwest edge of the Atlanta metropolitan area, nestled in the foothills of the north Georgia mountains, it is 42 miles northwest of Atlanta and 76 miles southeast of Chattanooga, Tennessee. For travelers like us, it's a great stop off I-75 for food, rest and sight-seeing. After a day of visiting the Booth Western Museum, the Etowah Indian Mounds, the Tellus Science Museum and Rose Lawn plantation, we were ready for a good dinner. One of our tour guides recommended Appalachian Grill at 14 East Church Street, a short walk from Booth Western Museum. We couldn't have been more pleased. Owners Jackie and Andrea Wallace opened their restaurant in 2001 and it has become one of the most popular gathering places in the area, a rustic, dimly lit restaurant with two dining rooms, large booths and a fully stocked bar. Most of all, the menu is stocked with delicious items for locals and travelers alike. Signature items are the pecan-crusted chicken breast, filet au poivre and crab cake stuffed shrimp. My wife and I had worked up a hefty appetite and were anxious to sample something of everything. We started with pan roasted shrimp and creamy potato soup and smoked bacon and vegetable over rice soup and a spinach salad. For entrees, we chose the pecan-crusted chicken breast and Smoky Mountain trout. It was a tough decision because I was really tempted by the full slab of St. Louis ribs, salmon and shrimp and old-fashioned country fried chicken, a southern favorite. We finished with slabs of key lime pie, another southern favorite. The southern cooking was matched only by the southern hospitality we experienced at Appalachian Grill.