BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsroom was cleangarden inngas station next doorbiscuitswafflessausage gravysmoking roomhot breakfastworking orderstay there againnext morningoff the highwayfree breakfastfront desk clerkgreat roomchecking infast food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Had to flee from Hurricane Irma 9-7-17 Gulf Coast FL with my 80 year old very ill dad. It was a VERY STRESSFUL LONG 22 1/2 Hours Bumper to Bumper Ride. I called few times to let them know we were still coming as I had a fear of losing our room. ALL Hotels incl this one were 100% booked. We had to sleep 4 hrs at an I-75N Rest Stop just too exhausted to continue thru the night. Started early next a.m. but bumper cars again. FINALLY made it late that 2nd day of traveling. Each time I called I was assured by the owners Dave and his wife (I'm terrible with different names) not to worry. Just drive safe and our room is waiting for us when we got here. It was!!!!

There were no more Handicap units but they worked with us for a Double Bed which worked fine in Room #302. The table to eat, rolled my dad in his wheelchair to eat there was very helpful and we managed the restroom. Bed very comfy. Love the 4 variety of pillows. Love they replaced the old standard Shower Rod with the curved rod feels more roomy and awesome Waterfall Shower Head. After a very stressful few days before watching the weather, tracking Irma trying to decide to leave or stay then packing all essentials incl both our medicaions (I too have health issues), important papers etc pack up the car then get my dad into the car for this very long ride who has not left FL in 40 Years and weathers Charlie, Andrew etc did leave this time, I so needed this wonderful shower with plenty of hot water for my aching joints & muscles.

I did call originally to set up my reservations thanking God they had one room left and spoke with Steve at the hotel. He was rather "short" in his conversing re: price and info of this BW since I've never been here. I did explain I saw a different price on BW Homepage Website. He very curtly said "well those other sites don't know our prices". I said again this was on the BW Home Website so why would the Hotel price be different then their own Parent Company Website Price. As a "reasonable" consumer I would expect it to be the same. If not, then the lowest price should be honored because Steve may not be aware BW also has a "Lowest Price Guarantee" which logically would then honor their own lower price. He then said "well go online thru them and order then". I was shocked with this reply given they are supposed to honor the "Lowest Price and surely their own company (though independently owned) guidelines and guarantees. NO I was not trying to rip anyone off or get it for nothing, just what I saw online when I went directly onto BW Website to find a BW Hotel above Atlanta but not too far because my dad couldn't sit much longer. Too much for him:((

So I thought with so many coming in, fleeing Irma not knowing what would happen to their home and property incl possessions left behind everyone on edge incl Steve. So I mentioned I'm sure your stressed some with all this, his reply surprised me say the least. He said "No, I was in Iraq so this is nothing". Not sure why that had to be mentioned but I did thank him for his service. Again very curtly and short tome, he said "no need to thank me. So do you want to reserve the room?". I did because I couldn't take a chance lose it. But he originally charged me higher price regardless lower price guarantee even on their BW Home Website for their hotel here. I called BW Customer Service, explained the Price Issue especially knowing we'd have to be there at least 5 days, expenses for gas money, food. The Rep, Evie was very patient and nice. She contacted this hotel and spoke with Steve who she said told her he was not aware of how to adjust it in their system on site. She walked him thru that and she confirmed the price was adjusted to reflect the lower price seen on BW Website honoring their "Lowest Price Guarantee". I explained I saw online but was so stressed with storm to go back in do online plus I already JUST booked it to ensure have one.

She said he apologized. This was very much appreciated that BW CSR Evie resolved this but if Steve had just told me he didn't know how to adjust the lowest price guarantee price I'd understand but it was his shortness and just hurrying me along so fast trying to get me off the phone and made me feel like he thought I was trying to rip off the owners by asking him to honor the BW online price, not a 3rd party like Booking.com or Priceline. He seriously needs Customer Service Training especially when dealing with DISASTER Relief Refugees because level of stress is already escalated with many variables. So it would be appreciated if Steve would be more patient, not so sharp in tone and reply-responses and understand not everyone is out to rip them off. Anyone wants the best price. But when you think "negative", you reply and react negatively. I will say after the BW Rep Evie spoke with Steve he was a tad nicer and when I called later to confirm we were on the way still, he said "no problem you put your card on the room, so you have it when you get here". I had a question but he said "Ma'am I have several people here. What else do you need?" in slight sharp tone still but little less than earlier. Some people cannot handle pressure and high volume business especially when hit at one time incl phone going crazy. I've dealt with the public and residents of my 10 Multi Properties Residential Property Mmgt for 25 years as Operations Mgr so I truly understand how stressful it can be. But you must not let it overwhelm you where it affects your interaction with the public-residents.

Patrice, also Front Desk Rep is wonderful. Very patient, understanding, helpful. Listened even when phone rang she politely asked if I could wait just a moment. Absolutely. She was very patient with person on phone. She has excellent people skills. Very professional with element of empathy for those fleeing their homes and jobs during this very severe Hurricane. Her tone has sympathy, kindness and expresses it fluently. Her patience and not getting flustered is a huge benefit to the owners of this hotel and BW Corporation. Last thing people need is dealing with impatient person.

The owners, Dave and his lovely wife whom I can't remember how to spell her name but when I find out I'll come back in and revise to reflect her as well. They clearly work very well together in operating a very nice, clean, professional and very customer service oriented business which to those who reserve and stay the room(s) are their temporary home(s). They treat you like neighbors, friends. Welcome you with smiles. They work with you and genuinely appreciate their customers. They understand the old saying "if you don't take care of your customers-residents, someone else will". They made our stay very pleasant, stress free and their empathy also so appreciated.

The property has been rehabbed. Rooms updated incl the lobby and Dining Area. Our Room #302 smelled clean and pleasant. Faces Hwy 20 NE, not I-75 so quieter. There is an elevator. The Cleaning staff also very pleasant helpful and professional. It is truly a lovely smaller BW that when I come back up this way, I will be sure to stay again. The HOT FULL Breakfast incl the Sausage Gravy, Scrambled Eggs, Thick Belgium Waffles, Fruit, Yogurt, Bagels, Toast, Danish, Sausage, Juice and great Coffee is included in your stay. DELICIOUS!!!!!! Coffee also available all day.

So this Best Western Allatoona Inn & Suites (aka BW Garden & Inn) I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. You won't be disappointed. Room also very clean. If an issue, I'm confident let mmgt know and they will assist you to resolve it. But it's a stay I will brag about to everyone in FL and friends around the country who travel thru here to FL.

Thank you for a lovely stay, place of refugee from wrath of Hurricane Irma and for a BW my dad could try and rest thru all the worries and his health. God bless you!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Carol,
It's great to hear that although you experienced a very stressful evacuation from Hurricane Irma, you found our comfortable accommodations at the Best Western Allatoona Inn & Suites to be the much-needed refuge you and your father had hoped for. It's wonderful to hear that almost everyone from our team were polite and cordial, and for those who were not, we sincerely apologize. Less than professional customer service is not acceptable, so your feedback is appreciated! Your report will be shared with our entire team as we look for ways to learn from this experience. Thank you for the five-star review, and we truly wish you a less stressful car ride when heading back home. Stay safe!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Rooms are not clean, toilet was not flushing and was overflowing. Beds are not comfortable. For the price we paid, we could have got a Holiday Inn! Does not deserve a 2.5 star! This place needs major renovations.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shiraz I
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Shiraz,

Your feedback is valuable as it helps us continue to improve. We're sorry your recent experience did not live up to your expectations and that you felt it was not a good value. We have recently completed a full renovation of the property, so we're distressed to hear of your concerns and will look into each of them. If you're in the area in the future, we'd appreciate the chance to provide you with more acceptable accommodations.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Please look at previous page comment. EXCELLENT!! Very caring, professional, particularly clean, neat and orderly. DID NOT PRICE GOUGE during IRMA. And, I am sure they could have sold the room multiple times before we arrived around 1:00 - 2:00 a.m.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Adrian,
We're honored that you allowed us to care for you during what must have been a particularly stressful time. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our friendly staff, and our compassion made this situation easier for you. We hope your loved ones and your property are safe and unharmed. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again under more pleasant circumstances.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed here, on our way to Florida to attend a wedding. The location is hard to find, with it being nestled in by a gas station, but the grounds and the whole building are spotless and well maintained. Kudos to the owners. Other than a small snag checking in, our stay was perfect. Housekeeping did a terrific job, and the owners are super friendly and eager to ensure a good stay. We would reccomend this location .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Harry,
Weddings are such special events and we're proud you made us a part of your journey to attend this wonderful occasion. We're thrilled to hear that you were impressed by our grounds and friendly, efficient staff as we take pride in both our property and in making all our guests feel welcome. Please accept our apologies for any difficulties you had locating us and for the minor snag at check in. It's great that we were able to resolve it quickly for you and that your overall stay at Best Western Allatoona Inn & Suites was top notch. Should you pass this way again, we welcome you to stay with us.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Hotel staff was very friendly and eager to help. Property was clean and kept nice. Very well maintained landscaping! Pool was down already, but it was Labor day weekend. The hotel was full at check in, so all they had available was a smoking suite. Not being a smoker, it stunk. I also noticed something pretty nasty looking on the headboard. Besides that, everything was great and clean. It was nice to have a hot breakfast. Everything seemed to be newly remodeled and painted. Not a bad location. Just minutes away from downtown. Cracker Barrel is right down the road and a gas station is in walking distance. I will stay again if I'm ever back in the area!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're very happy to hear that you would stay with us again if you had the chance. Although we were sadly unable to deliver the room you would have preferred, we're glad that other elements like our hot breakfast, newly completed remodel, friendly staff, and great location were able to help make up for it. When you are searching again for a welcoming, quality stay in the area, visit us at the Best Western Allatoona Inn & Suites!