“Best Ever Shrimp & Grits”
Review of The City Cellar

The City Cellar
Ranked #3 of 174 Restaurants in Cartersville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Also has a 110 S Museum Street Address for the same location
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We checked TripAdvisor following a great afternoon at the Booth Western Museum. Were we ever glad we did! Great service, fantastic food - especially the tomato-basil soup, Caesar salad and Shrimp and Grits! Even our To Go boxes were a delight, with colorful hand-crafted artwork on them. A first, but definitely not a last visit!

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Staying overnight in Cartersville, we looked for a restaurant with a full bar based on Trip Advisor recommendations. The City Cellar was excellent! The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially our waiter, Aaron. Our martinis were perfect and affordable, accompanied by two delicious appetizers: tender mussels garnished with cheese and tomatoes and many crusty baguette slices to soak up the tasty broth. The fried green tomatoes were done to perfection, served with a creamy sauce. We tried two soups: the always-available sweet vidalia onion and the soup du jour: smoky spinach. Both were yummy! We plan to return to try the entrees or sandwiches listed on the very interesting menu.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I have been eating here for over 5 years and always a great meal. I love the fish sandwich and ask for some horseradish to go in my tarter sauce for a little kick.

I had grouper and grits special and it was fantastic

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I recently had lunch here as a guest of my nephew and his family. Everyone had a terrific time and the food was well worth the visit. My fish and chips were among the best and my nephew thought his philly steak was especially good. Definitely a place to return to for lunch.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I simply cannot get over the shrimp and grits. I have tried several recipes to re-create it and would plan a trip back to the area to go to this restaurant. This dish aside, the wait staff was top notch, the atmosphere is fun, the basement idea was fun for my kiddos. We all enjoyed ourselves very much. I really recommend this to anybody in Cartersville!!