“Not worth the money...”

Holiday Inn Express Canton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Stayed here for two nights on business in Canton, GA. The front desk clerk was very flirty and she was not very professional. She forgot to have me sign the check-in paperwork and disturbed me to come back down at 10PM and sign it. The breakfast was adequate but poorly prepared. The eggs were overcooked, the pastries were dried out and there was no creamer for the coffee. I received a business fax which was on paper that had an advertisement on the reverse side. The place appears to be run as cheaply as possible. One of the worst Holiday Inn experiences I've had to date.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dmjacobs

Reviewed 9 February 2011

Stayed here one night. Staff pointed us to a great BBQ restaurant, Williamson Bros a few miles away. Room was clean and king bed comfortable. Loved the room darkening shade! However, I wish hotels would improve the heating and cooling systems by adding a real thermostat, the kind with numbers. And how about a blower with a quiet low speed setting.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OldBoyScoutFox
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Stayed here for two days in October to attend apple festival in Ellijay. Stayed on first floor. Staff very courteous and room very nice and comfortable. One problem I have, though, is this place is not entirely non-smoking. I was informed later by the staff that the 2nd floor is a smoking floor. By Saturday night, our room smelled like cigarettes. Had to keep bathroom fan on all night and air conditioner turned down pretty low to try to get rid of smell. Informed front desk and said they could bring fans in to try to get rid of smell. Cinnamon rolls at breakfast were fantastic but scrambled eggs on Sunday morning tasted like dehydrated eggs and were absolutely tasteless and horrible.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank susieq86
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We checked in for two nights to attend a local wedding. Both of the ladies at the front desk were very helpful, efficient and pleasant. When we mentioned that we wanted to be assured of a quiet room, they immediately reassigned us to the top floor, at the end of the hall. The room is large and well designed with very comfortable bedding. The AC is quiet and cools well. The bathroom is standard with granite countertops. A microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator are also included.
The room could use some "deep" cleaning. The base of the desk chair is quite dusty, and the baseboards in the bath need cleaning. Someone overlooked a dirty, wet washcloth that was found hanging on the showerhead.
The free breakfast was quite large, although the juice machine was broken, so there was no orange or apple juice. I only had some cereal and a bagel, but they had waffles, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc. It was good to see they offered skim milk, as I have found that most hotel breakfasts do not offer it. In the afternoon there was a manager's reception and canapes, cookies, popcorn, wine and beer were served. I don't know if this is something that is done every night or not.
The free WiFi is easy to use, and they provide a secure site. (I was also able to easily connect using the Best Western's site across the street.)
They do have a fitness facility, but both treadmills were broken. The pool looked nice, but was indoors and not especially inviting to me for lounging around, as an outdoor pool would be. Of course it is more practical since they have many months of cool weather.
The location is within walking distance of a shopping center, and several restaurants. It is also convenient to the interstate interchange, but very quiet at night.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
jobiaya, Area Revenue Director at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2008

Dear Valued Guest,

I first would like to thank for taking the time to leave this response as we appreciate any feedback. I’m pleased to hear that our staff was cordial and pleasant as I would expect nothing less out of our team members. I personally apologize for the listed issues that you encountered during your stay and I’m taken the necessary measures to resolve these issues. If you ever decide to visit the Canton area in the future I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2007

I stayed here for one night a few nights ago. I had a whirlpool room. Everything was VERY clean. The people were very nice and helpful. The toiletries were nice. The small fridge and microwave are nice touches. There were cookies, wine, beer, and popcorn in the lobby in the evening, and a decent breakfast in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and the towels decent, as well! I would stay here again if I need to stay in Canton again in the future!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank MableSyrup

Dear Valued Guest,

I’d personally like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review as we enjoy any feedback we receive. I’m extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you’ll come back to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
0.1 km away
27.1 km away
Seventy-four Ranch
Seventy-four Ranch
#2 of 4 in Jasper

Been to Holiday Inn Express Canton? Share your experiences!