Lowest prices for your stay
USD 76
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Wyndham
USD 76
Priceline
USD 75
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Agoda.comUSD 76
Hotels.comUSD 75
Expedia.comUSD 75
All reviews comfortable bed simons island florida st cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

I’m genuinely shocked that Wyndham allows this property to stay open with the way that my bed looked. For starters when you check in and when I checked out there were two different people helping me and neither were wearing a mask and there is nothing up like a partition between you and them. They don’t have the air-conditioning on in the actual building so the hallways in the elevator are scorching hot and smell. The room looked clean enough until I wiped it down with Lysol wipes and realize that no one had cleaned nor sanitize the room and I don’t know how long. The bed had holes in it and had stains all over the mattress cover and the pillows that looked like blood or mold. The lock on the door was not even attached properly to the walls so it made me feel unsafe as a solo female traveler. I got my sleeping bag out of the car and was going to sleep on the floor due to the condition of the bed however there were roaches on the floor so I ended up putting my sleeping bag in the bed and taking a risk. There was a homeless drug attic sitting outside on the bench in front of the lobby harassing people who were staying there for at least an hour. Even in my sleeping bag I woke up with bedbug bites on the back of my leg. I would not stay here nor would I recommend anyone staying here and I honestly think someone needs to go in and check the cleanliness of this place to see if it’s even hygienic to stay open.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Tina M, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Brunswick/St Simons Island Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and
accommodations. Please know that providing a great guest experience to all who stay with us is a top priority of ours, I assure you that we have the highest standards of cleanliness and that your comments are very important to us and addressed immediately with our housekeeping staff.

Hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

To begin the visit seemed to be going well. The ac wasn’t cooling good. Later that night we were getting people knocking on our door, then the front desk guy tried to come in our room at 11:30pm. I know it was him because I went down to the front desk to complain. In the middle of the night the smoke alarm started beeping continuously. Got up the next morning to notice hair across the coffee and coffee cups.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank christyedge84
Tina M, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Brunswick/St Simons Island Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very much concerned with your feedback. Our apologies for the bad experience. Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time. Know that it is not like us to deliver poor accommodations and we will work our hardest to get back to the standard we are known for.

Rest assured that there will be no harm that will come to our guests as we ensure strict security for everyone's safety. In
regards to the front desk staff member I will address your concerns and make sure this behavior doesn't happen.

Actions shall be taken to improve everything on priority and you can have a good stay next time. Hope you will reconsider.

Reviewed 9 June 2020

I'm giving you fair warning... don't stay here!!!
I was totally shocked by what I saw. It was too late to change to a different place and plus, I have dogs so every place isn't an option.
Outside is extremely run down with trash all over the place. The pictures of this place from their web site is a joke. It does not look like that!
Sketchy people walking in and out. From the looks of the place, it could be home to drug dealers and hookers.
Stinky and hot. The side window in the hall was open with the a/c running but it couldn't be closed because it was broken.
The hallway to our room had multiple holes cut out with plumbing pipes showing.
The back door at the end of the hall was kept open with a piece of wood so smokers, hookers, dealers, or whatever could come in without a key.
The room was horrible!! Dirty. Smelly. Coffee pot dirty - not that we would use it.
Refused to sleep under the covers so we both slept on top with the blankets we brought.
During the night very loud music started. I called down to the office to let them know but it didn't help. We also heard 3 noises which sounded like gun shots. We'll never know for sure what it was.
This is one experience I'll never forget. And just for insight... I travel all over. From Florida to California and this is the worst place I've ever stayed in.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank meaveg
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Brunswick/St Simons Island Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us, and I am saddened to hear that you had issues during your stay. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. Know that we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations.

Reviewed 6 February 2020

Tried to book another hotel but was full, thought how bad could the Super 8 be? WRONG.
Checked in for King bed, got to room and realized it was smoking room. Didn’t even know that was option. Called front desk, last King room. Opened window, nope screen does not close. Then the bed, had so many butt burns in bed spread and blanket. Pulled sheet back, omg butt burns (big ones on fly sheet and fitted sheet. How could someone make bed and see that it still go ahead? This room was not $50. Over $100.
We transferred to a Queen mon smoking even though we booked and paid for King. There were way less burn marks in carpet and bedding but yes still a burn mark in fitted sheet. And the cleaning cloth still on side table. Omg. This place needs some attention to detail, if you allow smoking in room, charge a premium so you can buy new sheets!

So first and last experience at Super 8.
First four pics are of King room, last two are Queen room.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marilyng323
MasterkeyHospitality, Director of Sales at Super 8 by Wyndham Brunswick/St Simons Island Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a completely satisfying visit at our property. The staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate actions to resolve each issue. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with our hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Best Regards,
Management Team

Reviewed 2 February 2020

Very nice and cost effective. Heading to FL and needed a place to stay. Stopped at Comfort Inn and they did not have room available but set us up with a room with their sister hotel Super 8. When we arrived, all was ready for us - great communication between hotel staff! Really appreciate it!

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyHospitality, Director of Sales at Super 8 by Wyndham Brunswick/St Simons Island Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2020

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your comment regarding your recent stay with us. Hearing that a guest enjoyed his or her stay at our hotel is encouraging. Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards,