See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Reservation agent lied about room.
Reservation agent gave wrong directions to motel
Both night and day managers were clueless. The DAY Manager was a nasty individual.
The room was dirty and unkept.
The motel received many health code violations. Posted on wall next to desk
The buffet was horrible. The juice machine was out of order. No bacon. Eggs were disgusting. The refrigerator holding the milk was at 56 degrees. No sneeze cover for food.
This motel is Not owned by Clarion Hotels. It's operated by a franchisee. Last name of operator is Patel!

My suggestion is for Mr Patel to sell or Clarion to shut it down for flagrant violations!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I labeled my title disappointing because I was looking forward to jumping in the pool once we arrived.  The pool was black, this was not what the pool looked like on the website. The air conditioner was not performing properly. We had it set as high as it would go and we were sweating at night trying to sleep. The room was very outdated but clean, there was a small refrigerator, a microwave and a nice TV.  The electrical outlets  were loose and would not hold anything we plugged in and there was only one small trash can in the bathroom.  The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the cleaning staff  was very helpful when we needed an ice bucket and asked if we needed the room cleaned. The breakfast was disappointing, even though it was free. The bacon and eggs were in a warming oven but the eggs were cold and the bacon was very greasy  and hard.  They had a waffle maker that was fun to use to make your own waffles, children would really love that. The price with the AARP discount was very reasonable. However, I would not stay again unless the pool was available. My mother had the reservation in her name, if it had been up to me I would have demanded my money back after seeing the pool. We asked why the website stated a pool, and was told by the clerk that the manager was supposed to have put on the website the pool was out of service. The pool is still listed as an amenity a week after our stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
ClarionInnBrunswick, Front Office Manager at Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Hello Laura D, thank you for your response and we appreciate you staying here. At this present time our swimming pool is down for renovation, we do apologize for that. It was noted on our website but apparently it's not anymore and I will look into it right away. We are hoping to have the pool up and running within the next few months and hopefully by then you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We came to this hotel during the summer season when most of Brunswick was booked. Our experiences were terrifying.

I wish I had bothered to check reviews, as apparently we shared a similar experience with another hotel guest. In early July another reviewer mentioned bloody sheets. They hotel manager responded to this review and apologized but DID NOT THROW AWAY THE SHEETS.

We know this because WE GOT THE SAME BEDDING. The first review was posted July 5 or 6 we stayed July 22. I will add pictures of our room.

The comforter and bed skirt were spattered with blood. As was the door. Meaning the room and bedding were neither cleaned not changed in the better part of a month.

There was also a GIANT beetle in our room, it was hot, a few light fixtures did not work, and there was mold on the lamps. Not to mention the other guests who decided to have a shouting match in the parking lot at 3am right outside our room.

DO NOT STAY HERE. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH A 3RD PARTY AS YOU WILL GET SCREWED.

Stayed: July 2016
4  Thank thetalismanjack
ClarionInnBrunswick, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Property CHI
Clarion

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Per the prior reviews in April , this hotel is renovating but our room sure was not the best. Bare floor- I feel the carpet had been torn up because there was no molding at the bathroom door. Just a dip where it should have been. When was this floor last mopped? Within 1 hr after a shower, walking in bare feet, I had to rewash my feet- the ceiling needs work. The bed sheet had a small hole on one side. We did sleep well tho. We skipped the free hot breakfast as the 2 pieces of burned toast and small amt of scrambled eggs looked like they sat there for hours. Pool was closed for renovation. $65 but with taxes $78. The window of the room next door was badly cracked.

Room Tip: wait until they completely renovate.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
ClarionInnBrunswick, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we want to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. However the plans for starting the renovation is not moving as fast as we would like, but we are working on and we would appreciate your patience while we work on renovating our hotel. Our breakfast hours are 6am to 9am, breakfast consist of: Bacon, eggs, 2 choices of bread, coffee, muffins, make your own waffle, tea, Orange, Apple and Cranberry juice. There's always adequate amount to supply our guest needs, however if you come up for breakfast after 9am, it is likely that you will find much if anything out. Once again please accept our apology and should you decide to give us another chance, please remember that breakfast is from 6am to 9am.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

My Mother and Aunt (both in their upper years) stopped here during their travels and witnessed indifference in facility quality and patron utilization. Check-in was smooth yet when arriving at the room, the curtains would not close and the bed had been pushed right against the window. In addition, the bedding was disheveled and appeared to have been remade after former use. Three trips to the office by my Aunt failed to rectify these issues so a refund was requested. "Sure," was the response and off they went to another motel. Surrender of submitted funds so easily suggests that less than dignified individuals are permitted to use this place for short term activities and those with longevity in mind that question inferior amenities are recompensed. Caveat Emptor especially for the elderly.

Room Tip: Choose the room in your car's backseat.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
ClarionInnBrunswick, Front Office Manager at Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

We appreciate your review, however I would have like a little bit more to go on and to research your concerns. Our curtains do close, someone would have gladly walked down and showed your family members how to do so, our beds are against the walls and the ac units are by the windows, so therefore the beds could not have been pushed against the window. Our rooms are not designed that way, as it pertains to "Less than dignified individuals" we're not exactly sure what you are referring to, as we do not judge or discriminate against anyone and treat everyone with the same respect. We would love to talk more to you about your situation and make sure you were at this particular location, please send us an email at gm.ga459@choicehotels.com and lets take a look at it.