“Value for the money”

Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Value for the money”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

On our way back from FL to VA had to stop for the night. First stopped at te Holiday INN and they wanted almost double for what the Country Inn and Suites wanted. Glad we didn't get suckered by the Holiday Inn. To be fair, we didn't stop at the other hotels but the rates are all around $100. The Country Inn was clean, had a pool and hot tub. The rooms were comfortable. Breakfest was included. Not a bad place to stop.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
meredithj
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We were on our way back from our MA-FL roadtrip when we decided to spend the night here. We researched hotels in the area that were right off of I-95 with good ratings. This place was PERFECT. It was very quiet, very clean and comfortable. They serve breakfast from 6am-9:30am. They had a great selection of waffles, breakfast sandwiches, homefries, etc as well as cereal, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal, juices, coffee, tea etc.
Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are always available in the lobby.

The front desk offers an Ethernet cord to use the hotel's internet.

There is a small pool and hot tub which we didn't have time to use.

Enjoyed the Pantene shampoo and conditioner and Vaseline body lotion in the bathroom.

There is not much to do in the area unless you head toward the coast. There are lots of "So and So's BBQ" restaurants in the area, but we stuck to the local Applebees for Margaritas and dinner, and we hit the road again the next morning. Also noticed a nearby Wal-mart which may be handy to travelers.

AAA card saves you around $10.

Couldn't have asked for more in an overnight stay!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I've stayed in these hotels before and this one had a high rating so I booked. The AC in the room was very loud and rattled all night. Very disruptive. The breakfast which was advertised as "hot" consisted of 3-4 slices of stale bread available, no yogurt available even though it was listed, the waffles were not available due to being out of syrup. No forks were available. There is hot oatmeal supplies displayed but only instant was available. I complained and the desk clerk took my room number. I received no follow up. After giving negative results on the survey I did receive an email from the management apologizing and saying they hoped my next stay would be more enjoyable. I don't plan to stay there again. Too many other options nearby.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2010

First of a few visits to Brunswick, decided on a two night stay. This Country Inn was O.K. and I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend it unless you need to use the amenities. It left a few things to be desired. First when we called direct, we were told that they had just sold out of king rooms, we decided queen was fine. When we got there I questioned that statement, after talking to their 800 line of other places in the area which informed me this hotel had plenty of king suites. I guess I didn't specify. The suite was just fine, clean comfortable bed. Bedroom with separate living area with door, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker all in good working order. Surprised that as new as it seemed, it did not have flat screen televisions. HBO had no sound on any off the TV's. The fitness center had 2 working treadmills, a broken bike, and broken elliptical that had a wood 2X4 under its back leg on top of a ripped up remnant of carpet (wish I would have taken a picture) . The hot tub and pool were in good working order, and a broken sauna. Which by my readings after the fact has been down for some time. The business center was barely usable. The one outdated computer was not online, someone came and fixed it. When I did get on and went to print a boarding pass and a work email, there was no paper, after getting paper there was no ink. I ended up having to go behind the front desk and use their computers. Jessica at the front desk was genuinely embarrassed and apologetic for our problems and helpful. The first evening the lady at the front desk had a congregation of friends visiting with her in the sitting area of the lobby.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
DE
Reviewed 4 September 2009

My daughter and I have stayed twice this year at the Brunswick Ga, Country Inn & Suites. Both stays were very enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. The General Manager, Dan, was extremely helpful with information about the local area. The morning breakfast had a nice selection and made a quick start to the day not having to go out to a resturant. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family