All reviews other hotels free breakfast waffles front desk staff millhouse restaurant golden isles indoor pool nice stay would stay here again next morning waffle maker holiday inn staff was friendly stop elevator rates interstate
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The first thing I noticed on arrival was the four people smoking in front of the entryway. There are numerous notices on the property about it being non-smoking; oh the irony that you have to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter the hotel. The desk was unmanned. Alas, the person who could check me in was out smoking and yelled to me that she would be right there. Not a great first impression. In the morning I needed a little extra time to check out. I called the front desk and she told me that she could only give me an extra 30 minutes, meaning my checkout time was shifted from 11 to 11:30. I left the room and returned only to find my key card would not work. I checked the time: 10:52 on cell phone. I returned to the front desk and the duty manager told me since it was after 11, my key automatically locked me out. I told her it was not yet 11 (it was now 10:54). She said it was after 11 in her computer. She re-keyed my card. My caution and concern to other guests: since the hotel's computer seems to be on its own time, be careful if its close to check out time.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rkreh00094
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The staff is very nice and accommodating and the hotel has a nice basic breakfast, but the mold smell is over whelming. I had a sore throat and coughing the entire time we were here.... which cleared up when we left. If you have allergies, asthma, any type of breathing condition, or do not like the overpowering smell of mold, do not stay here.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank cleyoung
Reviewed 21 February 2018

This hotel was fine in every way. The staff were friendly. The room had enough towels and bed space. The room was frigid and the only way to make it not so was to completely turn off the HVAC unit so that by midnight it was stuffy.

But the main thing you'll notice about this place (and I'm guessing most other hotels in Brunswick) is the smell. Every laundered item--towels, sheets, pillowcases--smelled like the surrounding town. That is to say, like the sulphurous fumes of a paper mill. I don't know if it's in the water or just gets sucked in through commercial dryers, but everything is saturated with that smell. There's nothing they can really do about it, but I think I'd opt to stay further afield of paper mills if I were driving through again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SCDad
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Convenient to I 95. Clean , roomy, good breakfast buffet. Coffee, juice, eggs, bacon, rolls, etc. Great value for the money. Quite rooms with a lot of space, staff very helpful. Good parking and security.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SVAGroup
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This was a quick overnight stop on the way to FL from WV due to bad weather. Lobby a little worn but room clean and roomy. Staff very friendly and helpful. Had hot eggs and sausage on free breakfast as well as waffel maker. Impressed with cleanliness and sanitation there. Will stop again next year.

Date of stay: December 2017