1,704 results
All reviews irish pub spa restaurant different wines wine tour spa services henk evers versailles restaurant the main hotel nice resort romantic weekend cooking class this past weekend breakfast buffet long weekend conference center ceo lis
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

A wonderful experience. A very good dining experience in every restaurant at the resort. The Marc was especially good. Many good wines produced on the property. Tours were interesting and informative. Golf was very good. If you stay at the resort some limited availability at the private golf club can be requested. Two other 18's on property are worth playing. There is also a par three. Acres of vineyards surround the main buildings creating a beautiful setting. Somewhat expensive but worth it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

It isa first class resort and a wonderful place to stay. Looking forward to another stay this Fall. The food here was excellent!!! We ate at two different restaurants on the property and also did the wine tasting and it was all excellent!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann C
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We planned a last minute trip Labor Day weekend and so glad we decided to go. I didn't know what to expect but I was definitely very impressed and my overall experience exceeded my expectations. The property is beautiful, the staff are all very nice and friendly. We did the cooking class with Chef Michael and he was absolutely amazing. I had never done anything like that before and we had an absolute blast. Chef Michael made it fun and the food was amazing. The spa was great also and I really like how they have company Volvo's that take you anywhere on the property. We even were driven once by Henk (President & CEO) of the property and he was so nice and courteous. We are definitely coming back and have already told all of our friends about our wonderful experience......

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cooperadc1639
Reviewed 4 September 2017

This was an anniversary weekend celebration. We received a tin of peach cookies and a brief note from the CEO. Lovely touch!

The grounds are impeccable! You drive up and the gentlemen that greet you are the friendliest, most polite and helpful young men you'd ever want to meet. Big shout out to Sadiq (sp?). Full of energy and enthusiasm. We moved from a two-bed room to a one-bed room, and he moved us from one room to another with the best attitude ever.

However, I found the front desk and all other non-server staff to be grim and robotic. Behind the desk, on the phone, passing along the hallways - not the least bit friendly. Even when I would pass them and say, "Good Morning" --- it was like they just did not want to acknowledge me.

The service in the spa is amazing. Another big shout out to Elicia, an aesthetician, who is informative, patient, professional, polite. A gem. And there was the spa manager, Alisa. Equally as informative, helpful and nice. Another gem. There are various infused water stations around the spa --- this day they had watermelon with mint at one station, cucumbers at another station, lemon at another station, and one plain water station. You can also find fresh, whole fruit, yogurt-coverd pretzels, and a few other little snacks that I can't remember. The spa serves complimentary afternoon tea from 4pm - 5:30pm (I think, daily), but I decided to leave the spa and head to the outdoor pool before trying the afternoon tea, as I had missed a large bit of the great weather by being indoors for the last several hours, and there was gorgeous weather going on outdoors. Oh, in the spa there is this lovely agave oil that can be found between the wet and dry sauna rooms. I loved the smell of it!

They plan some major renovations in one part of the spa soon. Not sure how or if it will impact the services they offer. There is a quiet room, a fitness room, workout classes in the morning, a hot tub, an indoor heated pool, a library, and a very spacious waiting room where you can look out on the grounds. The spa is just a short walk (less than a minute) from the back of the main building. We took the path from the Conference Center's back door. However, from the front door, I've been told there is a shuttle.

Out in the outdoor pool area there are plenty of chairs, umbrellas and towels. There is a hot tub, discretely near the back, a bar and a grill that a chef cooks burgers, etc. on. My husband had a blackened chicken sandwich (that didn't look blackened to me; just a little black pepper is all I saw). I had a drink that was like a root beer float with rum in it. Very tasty!

There is a Publix grocery store almost directly across the street, so if you need anything that you forgot to pack, you can probably find it there.

The bed was comfortable and the room is spacious. Our room had a lovely bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub. We had a view of the pool from our room. The pool is lit up at night and looks divine! The walls seemed just a little thin; heard every word of our next door neighbors conversation one night. Not a big deal, though ...

I took a few pictures of the resort, the grounds, the spa, etc. Will post them later.

I gave the resort 5 stars because of all of the nice extra touches the resort offers. The attitude of many of the non-service staff would normally drop it down a star, but I made an exception this time. I definitely plan to go back.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank KarenLynn_70810
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I made a reservation to stay there but we had to cancel because my husband had surgery. They still charged me $15 to cancel it but did not tell me when I called them.
BE AWARE of the cancellation charge. That keeps me from ever going there.
I cancelled in plenty of time too not last minute.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple