“Pretty upset”

Lake Blue Ridge Marina Boat Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: This full service marina offers everything one needs to "get away from it all" and enjoy the vacation of a lifetime! At the marina you can rent a pontoon boat, launch your own craft, gas up at the gas dock, get your supplies for a great day on the lake at the store or just browse the showroom and pick out your favorite water craft for the experience of a life time.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I called 2 weeks in advance to schedule a pontoon rental from 1-5 on June 16 (Saturday, day before father's day). Did everything I was supposed to do on my end to secure a boat for this day. I was so excited to finally get out to the lake and surprise my father with a day of boating, swim and listen to some good music. Get to the office around noon like I was supposed to and one of the women told me they do not know where my paperwork was. Let me tell you that when I made this reservation 2 weeks in advance, I had to have reiterated the exact day I wanted the boat at least 4 times because for some reason I was worried something something would happen. Long story short, they said they ran out of boats 3 days prior and there were no more reservations. Not to worry says another woman, they had a tritoon with a motor 2x the power of the other rentals. We obviously accept whatever we can get because now after waiting around we just wanted to get out on the lake like we were supposed to. Get to the boat, everything looks in order until I sit down and bam. No stereo. There were speakers, but no stereo faceplate. I asked if we could get it from one of the workers and they said they have no idea where it has been and they haven't for a while. So. Knowing there wasn't a stereo on the boat they thought it would be ok to still charge me $400 for the boat. What a scam. We still went out because I was trying to give my dad a good fathers day gift. What a let down. My father has been coming here for your rentals once a year for the past 3 years and this is what happens. When I made that reservation 2 weeks in advance they even took my credit card info down for the deposit and sent me a "confirmation" email that didn't even have a date on it.

1  Thank Joey F
"equipment"
"blast"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our favorite activity in Blue Ridge, GA is to rent a pontoon boat for the day and go tubing on beautiful Lake Blue Ridge. The folks at Lake Blue Ridge Marina are incredibly helpful and very nice to deal with. Kyle on the dock really went above and beyond and provided amazing service and is clearly just an all-around nice guy. We finished our day with a tasty meal and a couple of cold beers at the festive outdoor restaurant overlooking the marina. Worth every penny!

1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My mom and I visit Blue Ridge yearly for a week. On our visit last year, we learned that you could rent paddle boats at the marina, and we have been excited since then and made plans to do this first thing on this year’s trip. I was more than a little surprised as I signed the agreement to learn that it costs $70 to rent it for 2 hours. I mean, you pedal the boat yourself, there’s no motor or gas, and it takes very little maintenance. But we were excited so we kept going. When we got to the dock to have the guy get us situated and he learned that we rented the paddle boat, he said “well I’m going to put you in a canoe”. Huh? Don’t get me wrong- the guy was nice, but he kept trying to persuade us to use a canoe and said that he didn’t even know they were still renting the paddle boats. He told us we’d only make it to the buoy and would get too tired and have to return. We stood our ground, though I admit I had doubts because he made it sound so bad. But we had a fantastic time on the paddle boat!! We explored the coves on the side of the dock that he pointed out to us and we relaxed some out on the quiet water. We got plenty of exercise and enjoyed it. We would love to return again on our trip but no way are we paying the $70 a second time. But we did do some research on purchasing our own paddle boat! :)

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Great dockside bar and grill one of my favorite places to go in the summer. The owners and family have done a great job building this tiki bar it reminds me of the bars in the Florida keys. Awesome job can't wait for it to reopen this year.

1  Thank Neil S