“Most disgusting place ever!”

Douglas Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Blue Ridge
Phenix City
“Most disgusting place ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

When we saw room we knew we would not stay. Digusting oder. Filithy furniture and floors. Sheets and pillows stained. Didn`t even want my little dog to stay there.
Asked for a refund and quickly left. Would not suggest this hotel to anyone.
I give this a -0 rating. Very unhealthy hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Abigirl420

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Findlay, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

Clean rooms, quiet, great firm mattresses. With our AARP discount, it was extremely reasonable. Although the front desk clerk was a little hard to understand, it is definitely a very good place to stay. I appreciated the fact that, since the motel was only partially full on the nights that we stayed, they placed the guests in non-adjacent rooms, so there was less chance of being disturbed by others.

The only downside that I found was that it is a little hard to find. It can't really be seen from the nearest main road, and there are no signs indicating the turn off on the side street.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buckeye4990
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

As a disabled adult, I found these accommodations very comfortable. My stay in Blue Ridge was for five weeks. The bathroom was large with a built-in shower seat in the tub. The safety rails were excellent for easy access into the tub. The bed room had a queen size bed that was very comfortable. The kitchen was supplied with dishes, utensils, pots and pans. The management couldn't have been more helpful. They were always asking if I needed any assistance. They even provided a bench outside my rom for me to sit and enjoy the beautiful vista. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank ignats_10
douglasinn_blueridge, General Manager at Douglas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 August 2015
Hello,
We are the new owners and took over the Inn one year ago. We are excited to let you know the room for disability accommodations now has a brand new king size bed with all new bedding and pillows. We also installed brand new carpet, new kitchen and bath flooring as well as new living room furniture and two new 32" flat screen tv's.

If you ever come to our great little town of Blue Ridge again please contact us and reserve this room so we can provide you with a great place to stay.

Leah, Lori & Jessica
Douglas Inn & Suites
1192 Windy Ridge Road
Blue Ridge, Ga. 30513
706-258-3600
Conyers, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

Maybe I am not picky. When I go to the cheapest hotel in the city (any city), I consider myself lucky if it is not on the wrong side of the tracks (bad area) and if it is not next to a country bar near a military base when all the men are let out on r & r (I'll tell you that horror story sometime). It amazes me, the more expensive a hotel, the less they tend to provide for you, but the cheap hotels give you a table, sometimes a desk, a refrigerator, a microwave, and all the normal things that is practical for an overnight stay. I saw that most of the reviews of this hotel were pretty bad, so I thought I would take time to say my piece. This hotel is the cheapest hotel in Blue Ridge, and yes, it isn't perfect. But I've been here twice and the rooms are in good condition, it is quiet and safe. As I said, it isn't perfect, the tv is a bit small, the hotel is hard to find, apparently the hotel prices tend to vary, When I came during the summer, the pool was not filled, but I don't know if that was normal or not. It is close proximity to the Blue Ridge Railroad, restaurants and shopping. So, if you are looking for the Taj Mahal, don't come here. This is a typical mom and pop place, frequented by more working class stiffs than travelers. If you want luxury, stay at the hotels in the city that cost more than a hundred dollars. But if you want value for your dollar, then stay here. And I know, because at one time or another I've stayed at almost every hotel in the city. I come up here every month to work for the Blue Ridge Railroad, so I know what is what about this city. All of the hotels are fine, but this one is the best bang for the buck. PS if you want a view of the mountains, you won't find it here unless you walk across the street.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank travelwriter52
Freeport
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

If you have a hankering for a hotel room reminiscent of a crime scene, then look no further. If not, run! This place is looks beyond sleazy and the smell is no better. The room is filthy; the walls have nasty marks all over them. We had a total of 6 blown lightbulbs (many of which were just missing) which leads me to believe that the staff was aware of their absense. I don't think the bathroom fixtures have been cleaned this year and the linens don't appear to have been washed either. The toilet barely flushed at all and had to be plunged almost every time we used it. I made my best attempt to vacate the premises, but they will not offer a refund. Therefore, I'm stuck to tough it out until I can get an early check-in at another hotel that is far nicer, and actually $10 cheaper. Don't be fooled into thinking that you will be getting a nice room by getting a "suite". Not so! You might get a living room and a kitchen, but they're absolutely disgusting. The kitchen has no paper towels and what silverware there is in the drawers is obviously dirty. In addition, everything needs a good scrub and the table is so crooked that I wouldn't even advice setting a drink on it. I actually found a used plastic fork amongst it.The living room furniture is peppered with nasty looking white stains. Although Blue Ridge is a beautiful destination that I will forever love, I vow to never return to this disgrace of a hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
39.9 km away
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
1.2 km away
Blue Ridge Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Douglas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!