“Great Course”

Blue Ridge Adventure Park
Ranked #9 of 9 Fun & Games in Blue Ridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Blue Ridge's premiere Aerial Adventure Park is an obstacle challenge course in the air featuring suspended bridges, tight ropes, climbing walls, ziplines, and other fun obstacles for every age and ability. Each participant will be clipped in to a safety line while on the challenge course. With 4 Obstacle Courses of varying difficulty, 9 Ziplines, and 2 Quick Jumps, this adventure will challenge and thrill adventurers of all ages.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I went with four teenage girls three of which have done several aerial obstacle courses in the past. It was very challenging for them. My only recommendation is that this facility provide work or climbing gloves for its customers. Two of my four girls had severe blisters on their hands from the ropes. I watched several customers quit halfway through the courses because their hands were so blistered. These gloves can be purchased from any home improvement store for a couple dollars and can even be sold to customers who may want to use them. The other aerial adventure parks we have visited in the United States all had gloves for their customers. Also a vending machine with drinks or snacks would be a plus.

Date of experience: April 2018
"ropes"
"instructions"
"purchase"

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

While visiting Blue Ridge our family wanted to zip line. My son is 7 yrs old and was too young for the canopy tour so my self, my step mom, and son decided to check out the park. We were greeted by the lady in the office who was super sweet. She could tell my son was super excited and started up a conversation right away. Once we were suited up we hit the obstacle course. My son went through the bottom level and was ready to move up. We went to the next level and on the first obstacle my son got a little nervous. Side note I found this course difficult. I was extremely happy when not only was our family cheering him on but so was the staff. Once he made it to the zip line and he made it all the way across but before being able to put his feet down went backwards. He got a little scared but one of the guys working there came to his rescue and then pulled him to the platform. He thought that was fun because he got to but his arms down and hang. After the zip the obstacles got harder and the guy who helped him on the zip stayed back and gave him pointers. On the second to last obstacle for that level my son who had now been on the course for an hour and a half was tired and this obstacle was hard, needed assistance again. The guy walked on to the obstacle and walked him through it. I really liked how he was guiding my son and not just hooking him up and pulling him through. This gave my son the confidence he needed to make it through the last obstacle. Thank you for a fun day!

Date of experience: June 2017
ZipBlueRidge, Manager at Blue Ridge Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. We are pleased you chose to let your little rock star spend two hours of his day with us. We welcome you back anytime your in the Blue Ridge area.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Wow they made a few improvements since last year. What a great time for hubby and kids 7,8,&9yrs old. They really enjoyed it. They made the level 1 course a little easier which was good! Also changed up some of the harder obstacles. They now have buildings on property with bathrooms and air conditioner, which is a plus. Need to cool down from time to time. My smallest 7 yrs old. still wasn't tall enough for the next level. But had fun on the tiny zip lines. Travis was a great guide and helped the kids soooo much. A must do for people looking for a great workout with a beautiful backdrop.

Date of experience: June 2017
ZipBlueRidge, Manager at Blue Ridge Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

We feel blessed to accommodate your family for the second time. Thank you for choosing Blue Ridge Adventure Park, your welcome back anytime.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I were not impressed with the staff, who were not willing to help my children complete the obstacle course. Also, had a very rude office lady, whom I cannot recall her name, but constantly interpreted me while I was speaking. May be a nice looking facility, but don't have the encouraging, exciting staff that they advertise. Definitely not worth our time nor our money. A guide even asked me to tip him, which I thought was rude considering all the circumstances. Don't waste your time, there are other fun/active things to do in Blue Ridge with nicer, more professional staff who are willing to take their time with you & your children.

4  Thank Julie_Parris