All reviews fernandina beach front desk ihg member switched rooms room was clean breakfast attendant typical hotel night's sleep stay there again hot breakfast outdoor pool a nice place to stay fresh fruit great room free breakfast hie jacksonville
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly. The beds were comfortable. The only thing that could have been better was fresh fruit at the breakfast. I would definitely recommend and I will definitely be staying here again the next time I’m up that way.

1  Thank Michael38111
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

IHG should do a wellness check of this location. Several things were off. It’s a shame that a new hotel in a convenient location like this isn’t being run well.

First off, I had to pay in advance! I travel a lot for work and this has never happened. It was full payment, not a hold on the card.

For a new hotel, it’s surprisingly dirty. The elevator inside and out, the area around the ice machines and the cigarette butts by the front door were there my 3 night stay. I never saw a cleaning cart.

Three of the 5 desk clerks I saw smoke by the front door, put out their cigs when you come in, and walk right up to the computer and ask for your cards. No hand sanitizer!

My keycards didn’t work 2 of the 3 days.

The pillows are NOT the same kind at other holiday inns. These were filled with varying amounts of foam cubes.

Finally, the woman who monitors the breakfast buffet seems nice but was a little intrusive. She stands close by and watches everyone. Really close sometimes. At first I figured she was watching her tip jar. Today a guest was toasting a bagel and the woman reached between the guest and the toaster to move the Tupperware the guest was using about 1” to the side. It was weird.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgiaPeach3000
Reviewed 7 August 2018

My husband and I needed a hotel close to the freeway and close to Jacksonville, and we prefer the IHG brands, so this hotel served our purpose. It was clean and bright, and the room was comfortable. The bed and pilows provided a good night's sleep. What more could we ask for? We were quite content with our short stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Marci at the front was friendly and took the time to walk me to a where I needed to go. Rooms were spacious and well decorated. We stay in HIE frequently and this was one of the best breakfasts we come across. Food area was kept clean, neat, and well stocked. Hostess was also friendly and welcoming. There were only 2 negatives. 1) while swimming in the pool we noticed a swim diaper on the deck (not the hotels fault, guest need to clean up after themselves) 2) the shower water diverted had more water coming into the tub instead of the shower. I alerted the front desk of this.
We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

1  Thank MisterRN
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here this past Sunday evening for business and the television in my room didn’t work. I called the desk and they promptly switched rooms for me and all worked well in the new room. Everything was clean and well-cared for. The folks were pleasant and the local BBQ place was excellent. Give it a try when in the area!

Date of stay: July 2018