“Would not make another reservation here again!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Yulee
Dothan, Alabama
“Would not make another reservation here again!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Be careful when making reservations online because if you choose the lowest rate you are actually choosing the policy where you are not able to cancel for any reason without being charged for the first night! My child had lice and so I called 5 days prior to our check in to cancel and they were going to charge me anyway. They had no concern whether or not I was coming (with lice!) or not, they just wanted their money! In my opinion this is not good customer service for me or for any other guest staying in the room after me. I also had reservations at another hotel and they were very concerned and canceled with no charge. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn Express again for this one incident of bad customer service. That is not how you do business. There are plenty of other hotels!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KRentschler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear KRentschler,

We have a pricing structure that allows us the opportunity to offer deeper discounts to our customers. In order to offer these rates we must attach restrictions such as cancellation fees or full prepayment. Some of our lowest discounted rates carry full prepayment requirements while others carry a cancellation fee.

It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead offer options that make sense. We always appreciate comments from our guests, and we will use this feedback in making decisions about our future pricing strategies.

Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newmarket, Ontario
Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here two nights on our way to destination in Florida. Our room was very nice, clean, bed was comfortable and had comfortable seating besides the bed. The pool was clean as was the breakfast area, breakfast food was good with plenty of selection. Only negative was girl at check in counter was very interested in a television show, which she was engrossed in while checking us in. We also stayed here on our way back home as did our friends on our recommendation.

Stayed February 2012
Kuujjuaq, QC, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Hotel was very clean, front desk was very helpful and kind. The suite was clean, quite large, and the swimming pool was just the right size for the kids to play and have fun before bed. Breakfast was very good and the price was great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JMatchett
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had to cancel my reservation, but did so weeks ahead of my stay and they still found it within thier hearts to charge me for one night and fill the room at a higher rate during a local event. Taking advantage of your customers is the fastest way to go out of business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Steve P,

Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here on the way to cocoa beach, fl for a cruise. Staff was pleasant but bed was hard as a rock and the next morning I awoke with terrible low back pain. Would not stay here again just for the beds. The hotel itself was clean and well kept and room was average.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
herdfans4,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the very good! Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made.
Thank you again for your review.

IHG Care
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yulee
0.4 km away
Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites
0.1 km away
Comfort Inn Yulee
Comfort Inn Yulee
#3 of 6 in Yulee
21.2 km away
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
18.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
20.0 km away
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
19.8 km away
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee? Share your experiences!