Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$459.69
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Green Rinjani
from AU$459.69
More Info
from AU$61.30
More Info
All reviews deluxe package other companies crater rim tree planting hot springs go green the owner sleeping bags these guys base camp trekking company amazing experience fried banana hiking shoes spaghetti fruit special mention
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Green Rinjani is probably the best company in Lombok to hike Rinjani with. They have experienced guides who speak English, reasonable gear and equipment for the journey and the right attitude among their owner and staff. The 3 days we spent with them was memorable. My gf and I were unlucky probably cos we were not fast enough and so the rest of our party was always 4-5 hours ahead of us. But thats not their fault, make sure you choose your hiking party well before you start. On the second day it rained and somehow all our gear got wet - this I didn't understand as rain is common in this tropical climate so they should have had better rain protection. As a result we had to hike back all the way instead of staying overnight. It was 12 hours of steep downhill hiking which left us sore for days.

Climbing Mt.RInjani is possible without a guide. As long as you are willing to carry gear. But if you are a casual traveler who believes in letting locals in flip-flops carry your food and shelter to the top of a mountain, then guiding companies are essential.

Date of experience: October 2016
4  Thank RockXplorers
Green R, Manager at Green Rinjani, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear rock
Thanks a lot for your feedback. It's very important for us to know what we have to change and what we can make better. We wish that all our guests are feeling comfortable and like at home, when they stay with us in Senaru. Often we can manage that, but not always, like for example in your case. We can only apologize for that and will do our best that it's not happening again.
And why we are not bring more plastic bag because when you visit rinjani mountain is not raining season

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Beginning of nov. 2016 we did the 2 nights /3 days Rinjani trekking just with 6 people. I only can recommend Green Rinjani for their professional and friendly services. Our kind guides Katut and Narwadi provided us with a very professional support during the trekking, Before starting a treekking I suggest you read their recommendation regarding the trekking equipment. The right shoes and warm clothing is really needed. Also compliments ti the chef: even at 3000m we had a very tatsy dinner.

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank marina b
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I will leave you to decide whether you want to do this trekking (it was by far one of the hardest things that I have ever done but then again I am not exactly a marathon runner) but if you have then go with these guys. Apart from planting a tree at the top of the volcano, which is a lovely gesture they are by far some of the most professionals companies we came across.

Our guide Lim was just lovely, he looked after us, knows a lot about the trek and is very professionals. He ensured to send the porters ahead to get us the best spot for camping so that we could rest properly. He fed us at any occasion with tons of fruit and biscuits during breaks. He knows the best paths to take and is full of useful tips to make the journey a bit easier.
They also ensure that groups are kept small whereas other companies cram in as many people as possible which can then become dangerous as it's hard to look after more than 5 people maximum.

Highly recommend them!

Date of experience: August 2016
4  Thank Gaia_210
Reviewed 15 November 2016

We hiked this in mid November and tere are some definate egatives but also a few positives about this time of year.

First of all, it rained, quite a lot. The trail turns into a stream when it rains which makes it really quite unpleasant if your feet don't dry off. On the plus side, there were hardly any other treckers relative to the high season we saw maybe 20-25 on the ascent.

We did the 2d1n option although we did initially opt for the 3d2n. I wouldn't have done longer than two days again without altering a few things. We have a decent level of fitness but work desk jobs. We found it pretty ok apart from the fact we didn't have goretex socks / spare shoes and for the second day my feet just didn't dry off which gave me bad blisters (yes they were shoes I can wear for days with no issues if they aren't sodden). The heat and the rain defeats breathable goretex fast sadly but its still a very fun trek.

I picked Green Rinjani as they seemed a trustworthy company and this proved correct. The environmental impact was also important to me and frankly after the trek this became even more important. The trail does have quite a bit of excrement if you wander off the path (pretty grim) and there is a lot of rubbish on the trail itself. What I was not prepared for was how much there was at the top. The view is beautiful but blighted by piles of trash and I do mean piles. Everything from carrot peelings and batteries to toothbrushes and clothes. It really is not very pleasant and what makes it worse is the rather substantial population of rats which inhabit the summit. There are also quite a few wild dogs which were very sweet on the way up but proceeded to bark all night and got very angry at me when I attempted to leave my tent at night. I didnt get to have a night photography session.

In summary, pack well, bring a spare pair of shoes or goretex socks and please vote with your feet, choose a company which takes rubbish away.

Finally thanks to ou guide Ketut? Katut? (sorry unsure of spelling. He was great as were our three porters.

Date of experience: November 2016
4  Thank neomayemer
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Firstly, let me say, I am a man in my 60's, work in an office and do not work out so knew that reaching the summit of mt Rinjani would be tough so we opted for the deluxe package over 4 days giving us more time if needed. On arrival at Lombok airport the driver (by the name of Daddie) from Green Rinjani was there to greet us, took our cases to a nice clean vehicle for the 3 hour drive to the Rinjani Lodge. He asked us how we would like him to drive, fast or slow. Given we have driven a lot in Asia, we opted for the fast. We had booked an extra night at the Rinjani Lodge so had time to relax before the trek. Our Guide (Sumad) arrived the day before to brief us on the arrangements and what to expect. Everything went as described so I will only mention the highlights (and low-lights). On the down side, nothing can prepare you for the amount of trash around the rest areas and camp sites. Secondly, do not under estimate how hard this trek is, we even met young experienced trekkers that gave up before the summit and for me was the hardest thing I have ever done. On the upside, I was glowing with pride for reaching the summit. Our Guide was very encouraging and I'm sure this went a long way to achieving it. expecting to be slower than the experienced trekkers we set out a little earlier than the others at 1:15 am fully expecting to be over taken but arrived at the top first.
The Guide was good at providing us with the options for when we wanted to start and how long we spent at each location. For the second night we camped near the crater lake and about 5 mins walk from the hot spring that was really welcome after the summit climb. The food was plentiful, in fact way too much and we had to keep declining food and drink, every meal was prepared from scratch often taken around 1 hour to prepare while we would have been happy with a pot noodle and fruit although the banana fritters with chocolate and cheese did go down well and the spaghetti what fantastic. One thing we did notice compared to some other trekking companies is our porters, we had three porters for the two of us while another group had two porters for the four of them. They knew their job, always smiling and incredibly strong, packing up after we had started trekking, passing us en-route and having the tents pitched and food under way before we arrived. One other group we met had lost their guide and waited over an hour in the rain for their porters to catch up.
All in all, I think you get what you pay for, Green RInjani was slightly more expensive than some of the other companies but we had good tents, thick mattresses, lots of food and drink and great porters and guide.
Finally, on completion of the trek, we were offered a meal back at the base office before being dropped off at the destination of our choice anywhere in Lomboke, for us, it was a 4 hour drive to the southwest Gilli Islands.

Date of experience: October 2016