“"The Gator of all Gators"”
Review of Thirsty Gator

Thirsty Gator
Ranked #86 of 336 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This bar is nothing pretty. I expected an open, airy front porch with an outside bar, something like a gators dockside or any strip mall bar with a patio common in Orlando. It's a simple storefront with orange and blue blinds. The inside is dim and decorated with old Florida Gator posters and paraphernalia. There's definitely a grungy feel to the low lit bar, a reminder to me of the bars that your mom warns you about visiting. To some this is a turnoff, to me it's character.

We watched Gator basketball and drank Coronas. There were families and old people as locals. The oysters here are the best in Orlando, and it was good to get rock shrimp this far inland too. I will attend Gator football game watching parties at this bar, but the kitschy interior design job makes me think go gators always automatically. To others this will not be a strength.

I love their logo (it's Albert wearing a cowboy hat, Hawaiian shirt, a beer mug in one hand, and an empty mug on the ground by him) and I like the vibe. It's a great place to have good seafood, drink beers, and enjoy almighty gatordom.

There are newer reviews for Thirsty Gator

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Freshest in town. $12.95 ish a dozen. We saw them make some oyster stew last week (with fresh ones in the bottom of the bowl) and couldn't wait to get back and try it. It was an amazing old timey recipe and delicious! We are fond of the oysters (raw and Rockefeller) and rock shrimp. They have non-seafood on the menu but why bother?!

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Incredible friends and food. DO NOT miss out on the oysters. I visit here everything I come to town without fail.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

The title says it all, I'm Biased but that is only because I'm a Seminoles fan. However, I love dive bars and this is a great dive bar. We'll return.

The tables are set long ways, like you'd see at a dining hall. The beer is always cold, and I haven't had food here yet..but I love soup and TripAdvisor said this place has soup. So I'll be back to the Thirsty Gator for cold beer and soup.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

This place has the BEST Rock Shrimp & Steamed Oysters!!! I highly recommend going!!! I also recommend the wings & fries!!!! The beer is always cold because of a cooler they are kept in on ice!

The staff who treats you as a friend are beyond GREAT!!!!