Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kim T

Must Stay: Comfort & Friendliness

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 May 2024
Our staff (43 members) recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Winter Park for an event we held in the area. From working with Anastasia in the sales department as we prepared for the weekend, the ease of parking when we arrived and throughout our stay, the friendly assistance at the front desk with Kiara, to the comfortable and clean guest rooms, every staff member enjoyed our stay. The restaurant was convenient, and food was tasty. The communication with the staff throughout our stay was friendly and helpful. And the location was very convenient to many restaurants, stores and the lovely downtown of Winter Park. We hope to return next year.
Date of stay: April 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 7 May 2024
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right. Guaranteed.
Get rewarded with One Key
    AU$219
6.1 km from Hilton Garden Inn Winter Park
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Winter Park
All reviews great location nearby restaurants and shopping maitland area visiting winter park family wedding park avenue great place to stay front desk room rate the hotel is clean enjoyed our stay would stay here again within walking distance lobby housekeeping cleanliness refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2024

Very poor value. Way overpriced for the amenities offered. Room was fine. Over $250 per night, no pool, breakfast cost us an extra $30 per night and was terrible quality. Staying three nights and wasn’t allowed to remove the second two breakfast charges after being disappointed. No lobby coffee available outside breakfast time. Only extra given was two waters for three night stay. Very disappointed

Room tip: Don’t pay extra for breakfast, go out.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daimont Pastor, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2024

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us. We value every guest, and especially our loyal Hilton Honors members. Our goal is to provide a reliable and friendly experience that makes every stay better and brighter. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we continually work to improve. Please contact me directly at the email or phone number below if there is anything I can do for you. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2024

Stayed a few nights for business.

Service at the front desk was much improved from my previous visit, which was nice to see.

Housekeeping is provided every other day; given that this hotel is more expensive than others in the area offering daily housekeeping, that's disappointing.

My first room was frigid upon check-in and had a very loud air conditioning unit. I went to turn it off, and I could not do so. I went to the desk and was told that the hotel's "policy" is that guests cannot turn off the heating/cooling in their rooms (including the fans). That is weird--I've never been in a hotel with individual units in rooms that they refused to let guests control to allow for comfort.

Staff did move me to another room where, at least, the unit was not deafeningly loud as in the first room.

Otherwise a pretty standard Hilton Garden Inn. Not my favorite property, but I'd stay again if necessary.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
daimont pastor, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2024

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Please contact me direct at the email or phone number below if there is anything else we can do for you at this time. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right. Guaranteed.

daimont.pastor@hilton.com.

Best regards.

Reviewed 13 November 2023

The front desk manager explained to me that the Hilton garden inn is basically nothing more than a motel dressed up in a hotel’s body, as they don’t offer the same amenities of a typical Hilton hotel (which would be fine if the price and description reflected that).

In fairness, the rooms are very nice, well cleaned and maintained, moder-ish, and mostly quiet. The cleaning staff was very friendly and worked hard at to not inconvenience you. Some of the front desk staff and management…ehhh, not as well trained.

I booked my room several months in advance as I have a diagnosed disability that makes me need an accommodation. In truth, it’s not a difficult ask, more awkward for me to talk about, and the hotel assured me that they could easily accommodate it. If they couldn’t have, I would have simply thanked them for their honesty and booked a room somewhere else. When I initially called I was directed to the property itself to make this accommodation request. About a week before my arrival I followed up with the hotel again to make sure of the accommodation and was basically told, “we got you sir. You have nothing to worry about.” I asked if I was dealing directly with the hotel on that call and was told that I was dealing with their general reservations number, but that they saw in the notes from a few months ago that my accommodation was to be taken care of and that they would make further notes reiterating my request. Then I arrived.

When I went to check in I was told that no accommodation was made for me and that I could either take what they had or basically leave it. I explained my situation and the first person, dressed like they worked there, said that they don’t make those kind of promises. When I replied, “but ya did.” A second person, not dressed like an employee, stepped behind the counter and reiterated the no promises policy. I kept asking for a solution and I kept getting from the staff the same non helpful response. I was getting frustrated due to their lack of taking any responsibility, their lack of offering any compromise or solution, and mostly their gross apparent lack of empathy. They admitted seeing the request for the accommodation in their notes, yet not once apologized for not acting on it, just that they weren’t going to do anything to accommodate me and that I could take what they had or don’t, my choice.

For the record I was in town for a wedding where my sister blocked rooms at this property for dozens of guests (friends and family). I flew across the country to be with everyone. I asked my niece, who was with me when I was checking in, to go up to her room because I could see how upset she was getting by these two agents lack of professionalism towards me. I stepped back from the counter briefly and pulled up my hotels.com app to make other arrangements. I didn’t feel comfortable and therefore didn’t want to spend my time and money at this establishment. I was simultaneously weighing the difficulty I would have assisting with my elderly mother if I were to stay at a different location. I reluctantly accepted the only room that they were offering, went to it and called Hilton’s customer service number to lodge a complaint. That person seemed nice and well trained but there was still no satisfaction as there was nothing that they could do at that late hour and until they spoke with the specific hotel management. I then wrote a review on google, explaining what happened. The next set of events was shocking.

I awoke to a number of text messages from my sister pleading with me to remove my review. She said that the manager reached out to her (not me) and stated that their policy is to immediately remove any patron who leaves a “scathing” review. I guess they found an honest and truthful account of what happened to be “scathing”. For the record, I didn’t use any profanity, I didn’t embellish any facts, just told it like happened to me. She also said that the manager alluded to the fact that since I was part of the block of rooms that they may need everyone to leave. She said she asked him to clarify and where he alluded to it, he didn’t quite formalize that threat. She also said that he offered to switch my room for one that they had originally promised to reserve for me, and that my first night would be paid for by them. For her sake I took down the review. Let’s be clear here…they never once said that anything in the review was incorrect. They never once apologized for the mix up or for how it was handled. In fact, the manager said that he reviewed the video footage and that the two women I dealt with were some of his best employees. Wow! Talk about a low bar they must set. He also said to me that he believed the mistake was in my perception that this was in fact like a typical hilton hotel, but that they do not offer the amenities as a typical hotel….hence my earlier comment. Regardless, I declined the room change as I was already inconvenienced and didn’t want to have to repack and unpack again. He backpedaled on the first night free and called later to offer $100 off my $250 rate and life went on. But did it?

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Apple A
Daimont Pastor, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Garden Inn Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2024

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, you are among our most valued guests. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

We would like to make you aware that your Hilton guest assistance claim has been closed and compensation provided has been deemed sufficient by management. If you have any other questions or comments, please reach out to the email provided below and the General Manager will help however he can within reason.

MCOWP_GM@hilton.com

Reviewed 12 November 2023

I travel a lot and stay here frequently. The staff is always helpful and polite. The rooms are clean. My only issue is i have allergies and sometimes i get a room that a pet has been in. The room is always clean its just that i am sensitive. A few times the front desk staff has checked to see if a pet was in the room before i check in or they try to put me on a higher floor. Also as a diamond memeber the staff is super attentive to my needs!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Daimont Pastor, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2023

Reviewed 4 November 2023

This is our go-to hotel for family for the holidays our family members enjoy staying there, the rooms are clean, the staff is accommodating and they enjoy the restaurant! A special shout out to Michael at the front desk who patiently assisted me as we were updating our family block of rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Daimont Pastor, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2023