“Horrible or Amazing there's no in between ”

Rubio's Coastal Grill
Ranked #165 of 336 Restaurants in Winter Park
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This place is the most inconsistent restaurant my wife and I have ever been to. Every time we go here, one of our meals is great, the other is garbage. The last time we were in there we ordered taco's, a burrito, and guacamole. The shrimp in the taco's & burrito was incredibly fishy and tasted like frozen low quality shrimp. In the past the shrimp has been great. The avocado in the guacamole as well as the taco's was brown and half rotted. As far as the service it's usually incredibly slow even if we're the only ones in there. They need to hire more or different people as it seems the staff would rather have loud hang out time then take an order or cook a meal. The last time we were in, the cashier couldn't answer any basic questions about the menu and just stared off blankly. They need to educate there staff and have them do their job or kick them to the curb and hire new people.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I liked the idea of fresh fish tacos, burritos, salads, etc. for a reasonable price, but was not a fan of the taste of the food.

There is a salsa bar with numerous choices included and 2 of them tasted like spaghetti sauce and the others were just ok with the Chipotle being the tastiest option.

There were four of us on the same order and two of the meals were served significantly before the others. The kitchen took a long time and others were also getting annoyed by the length of time to get their meals. I ordered the vegetable salad with blackened mahi. I ask for 1/2 the dressing and there was so much dressing the entire bottom of the salad was inedible. The fish was just ok. All the others ordered the variety of tacos (fish and shrimp) and none of them were really good.

The meals are a reasonable price, most around $9 each, but I did not feel like it was anything I would recommend or come back for.

I will say the young lady at the counter, Colleen, was extremely pleasant.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I first enjoyed Rubio's food decades ago in San Diego so needless to say I was anxious about trying it here in Orlando. The food was delicious comparably the same as the flagship location but in a bright, new setting . The food was the tasty, fresh and served warm. The chips were better then you can get in California. Rubio's has always offered healthy selections and is worth the stop time and time again!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a quick bite before a movie next door. I had their salsa. verde shrimp taco and my bride had the wild mahi. Both were excellent and comparable to good restaurants on the coast. Service was quick and cheerful. Prices are very reasonable. This is a handy casual alternative to the traditional restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Great, quick dinner before movie-- next door! Plenty of parking in lot by Cheesecake Factory that's near. Clear menu. Kid menu loads of options & 2 sides AND drink $5! Salsa bar includes slices of lemons & limes to jazz up flavor. Order at counter. Drink station in dining room for refills. Would definitely return!