All reviews screened porch potted plants modern hotel old florida lego land the breakfast area townhouse legoland unit ihop hurricane son kid
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

So I'll start off by echoing what others have said, it's not brand new or fancy.. it is however clean and has everything you need.

We opted for a lake view and got room 202. There is a metal staircase to go up and yes it's on the outside of the building. We didn't find them rickety or unsafe. The owners have umbrellas to go to the office if needed.

The beds were comfy and we had hot water when we needed it. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. No freezer though. No biggie again.

Pool was nice a serene. Bring pool towels as the ones they provide are a bit small.

We stayed here because it was close to Legoland. It was perfect for that. Lots of restaurants around. Hotel offered a free breakfast each morning from 8 to 10 and it was adequate.

The owners are very present and hands on. I think they put a lot of care into this place. I will stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Loreen25
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Definitely a relic of a bygone era, not a modern hotel just like all the others off the interstate - but I liked it, and would stay again. Cons: a bit run-down - the in-room fridge leaked a bit, the a/c groaned, the metal staircases will need to be replaced one of these days. But it was clean, and everything worked, the lake-view rooms have exactly that, as does the breakfast area, as does the swimming pool down by the shore. The owners have potted plants all over and are very friendly and helpful. And just five minutes from lego land.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank thomasrhastings
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My business trip to Florida took me to Winter Haven and I opted for a less expensive hotel with a lake view and screened porch. The hotel suite included a furnished kitchen that allowed me prepare meals and eat more economically as opposed to eating all meals out. The owners were great, they have a little gift shop and the rooms were clean and comfortable. If ever in Winter Haven again I'd stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Lori_Riggins
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Needs exterior floor painting with urgency and new stairs too....The bed was soft which is a plus for me and the shower stall was clean (another plus for me), no carpeting, nice floors, but the furniture is all stained, the ac leakes outside so they put painting pails to collect the water..... which looks very distasteful. The stairs to go up are rusted from the years and water exposure (?). The staff was friendly but were too quick to check us as if they wanted to collect our monies before we changed out minds..... but staff was nice at least.

Room Tip: Avoid the stairs, but avoid downstairs too....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying we stayed here for two nights in June while visiting Legoland. The hotel is about two miles from Legoland. The staff was so nice and very accommodating. The pool and the view were gorgeous, but the room itself was a bit dodgy.

We stayed in a unit with two full beds. There was a back kitchen type room. Everything was very dated and run down looking, but clean. It appears that the bathroom had been renovated recently, and it was nice. There were a few bugs in the back kitchen area, but we just swept them up and kept going.

See the attached pictures.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family