All reviews screened porch potted plants modern hotel old florida lego land the breakfast area townhouse legoland unit ihop hurricane son kid
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Definitely a relic of a bygone era, not a modern hotel just like all the others off the interstate - but I liked it, and would stay again. Cons: a bit run-down - the in-room fridge leaked a bit, the a/c groaned, the metal staircases will need to be replaced one of these days. But it was clean, and everything worked, the lake-view rooms have exactly that, as does the breakfast area, as does the swimming pool down by the shore. The owners have potted plants all over and are very friendly and helpful. And just five minutes from lego land.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank thomasrhastings
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My business trip to Florida took me to Winter Haven and I opted for a less expensive hotel with a lake view and screened porch. The hotel suite included a furnished kitchen that allowed me prepare meals and eat more economically as opposed to eating all meals out. The owners were great, they have a little gift shop and the rooms were clean and comfortable. If ever in Winter Haven again I'd stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Lori_Riggins
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Needs exterior floor painting with urgency and new stairs too....The bed was soft which is a plus for me and the shower stall was clean (another plus for me), no carpeting, nice floors, but the furniture is all stained, the ac leakes outside so they put painting pails to collect the water..... which looks very distasteful. The stairs to go up are rusted from the years and water exposure (?). The staff was friendly but were too quick to check us as if they wanted to collect our monies before we changed out minds..... but staff was nice at least.

Room Tip: Avoid the stairs, but avoid downstairs too....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying we stayed here for two nights in June while visiting Legoland. The hotel is about two miles from Legoland. The staff was so nice and very accommodating. The pool and the view were gorgeous, but the room itself was a bit dodgy.

We stayed in a unit with two full beds. There was a back kitchen type room. Everything was very dated and run down looking, but clean. It appears that the bathroom had been renovated recently, and it was nice. There were a few bugs in the back kitchen area, but we just swept them up and kept going.

See the attached pictures.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank catherinec713
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the pool!!!! Went for a night swimm:) water and pool is so clean :) 8 ft at deep end. Looking over the lake!! Water was so nice and warm! After hot day at legoland that's all i need to make me happy:) REQUEST lake view room!!!!! Its 10$ more but so worth it. Room and bath was clean and nice. Some people said floors was dirty.. I didn't have that problem. Room was very clean . Its an old old school hotel /property so it has its charms... However everything is keet really nicely! Can't beat the price and view. FREE breakfast is great and fresh. Owners are such nice people. 24 h check in possibly. Love this place and will be back every time i visit legoland :) its a 3 hour drive for us but we still come few times a year. Will recommend this hotel. Once again: if you are a Ritz-Carlton fan.. And those are your standards... That's probably not for you :) so just carry on instead of leaving poor review to this lovely run family business :)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family