All reviews screened porch potted plants modern hotel old florida lego land the breakfast area townhouse legoland unit ihop hurricane son kid
Reviewed 24 February 2017

We stayed here on a whim on a trip to Legoland. Guy at the Front desk couldn't have been nicer. Room was just fine, no frills. The property is right on a lake and seemed pretty put together. Continental breakfast was great in the morning. Same front desk guy was there. He made all the food and such too. Nice eating area. The only major downfall is that it is located on a busy road and cars are non-stop all night and doors are paper thin so if you can't handle traffic noise all night, you might go elsewhere. But if so, it was a very pleasurable stay!

Room Tip: Many rooms have lake view for $10/night more
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank rugbybry
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

During arrival it looked automatically to me a bit old. I choose this hotel because I basically didn't have a choice. No other hotels around lego land and this one was the closest. When I checked in an older man assist me and he was super nice and welcoming that's for sure. He and his sister who was working at the time mentioned breakfast every morning from 8-10am by the lounge facing the lake which to me did look pretty nice. The breakfast however wasn't as great then what I'm use to in other hotels but it's ok for that time being. The employee did offer to help me with bags, however I turned down the offer.
When checking in to the room I notice the key to get in was an actual brass key not like other hotels that you get in with a key card. When going up to our room which by the way no elevator was anywhere to be found we had to go up stairs on a old rusted metal stairs which we had to be careful having so many things to be carried up. Finally we got to the front door of room and the lock was a mission to open and locking. Ugh it was so annoying but we found a way to do so. The room was clean and in decent conditions. New flooring so it seems... that's pretty much it.
Overall.... I give it a 3 stars because it is close by to the lego land park (location) , its quiet no interruption through out the night, the view of lake, they offered breakfast and check in/out process easy.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marlett C
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Clean spacious suite with a little screen porch and lovely view of the lake. We reserved at very short notice so our room was expensive but looks like rates are usually pretty reasonable. The rooms are dated and sparse but the beds are fresh, clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast wasnt very appetizing but was nice to have coffee on the lake. Nice for a family on a budget

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Ignore photo this place may have looked like photo 40 years ago but currently is very run down. Grounds neglected full of weeds and broken pots. Rooms dingy looking, beds uncomfortable bathroom very small plumbing may or may not work.
Stay only if this is your last resort.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mac60115
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Nice breakfast, home made. clean mom and pop place and really nice people that own it. Outside doesn't look like much but the rooms and the friendly service was great and way better than Hampton Inn down the street. I can tell you that I am an HHonors member of Hilton Hotels and Lake Roy Beach Inn is so much better than staying at the Hampton Inn in Winterhaven. I can assure you that we will be back. Psst, hope the rates don't go up and the service goes down.

Room Tip: We booked this room on a discount website and when we arrived we requested a lake side room. Way worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family