“Wings OK; Dining Area Needs Help”

Wings of Winter Garden
Ranked #110 of 157 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was our first visit and we had heard the wings were good. They were. Quite crispy, the way we like them. The curly fries were very good! The dining area, however, was not kept up. There was plenty of staff milling around but the trash was near to overflowing and all of the sweet tea containers were empty. In addition, they only carry artificial sweetener so there was no option of sweetening the regular iced tea if you were allergic to artificial sweetener. Still, the fries are worth a second trip as are the wings.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

The location is great, the atmosphere is very bland, but the wings are pretty good. I have found that it is better to ask for extra sauce because without that extra they are a little bland. The curly fries are pretty good too. What is holding this location back from my perspective is the customer service. No one there acts like they want to be there, and I get a bigger smile and thank you at McDonald's. They have the core of the business right, a good product, but there is room for improvement with the atmosphere and customer service.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Wings of Winter Garden

I have visited this location twice for an order to go. I never had an opportunity to go to the old location so I really can’t compare the two. What I can tell you is that they have transformed what appears to be a former gas station into a nice, clean, quick service wing stop. The setup is laid out quite well. You come in and they ask if you’re picking up or ordering. You can place your orders ahead if you wish to save time which I don’t usually do unless I am in a hurry. After placing your order, they have a seating area you can sit to enjoy your wings or wait for them to call your number to leave. If you get a beverage with your order, they have a station in the back of the room with all the basic sodas and teas.
They offer other things on the menu but since it is a wing spot, I have never deviated from the wings. Upon my first visit I saw a chalk board sign offering a new flavor of Asian Zing. Since I like my wings sweet and spicy, I decided to jump on it this new flavor with a side of fries. Upon my second visit the sign was still there with Asian Zing on it, but I decided to go with one of the older flavors of honey mustard with some hot mix in. I have to say overall, the wings are just okay. I had trouble both times finding the taste of the sauce. The taste of the frying oil was so strong it overtook the sauces. During my first attempt with the Asian Zing, I just got the normal amount of sauce on them. I prefer my wings wet and messy, but since it was my first visit I decided to go against my norm. When I got home I found that the taste wasn’t strong at all. I just figured there wasn’t enough sauce on them, and next time I will order wet. Next visit I did exactly that, but with a different sauce, but still, same problem when I got home. The only real difference was the amount of sauce in the bottom of the to-go container. My best guess really is that the sauce just doesn’t bond to the texture of the fried wing. This maybe just due to me taking them home and may differ at the restaurant. It also seems that you need to order bleu cheese, or white sauce, separately. According to the menu there is a charge for them and celery. These are both staples of a wing dish, and I expect at least some bleu cheese. I mean I can understand not for the sauces without heat, but for the ones that are hot, it should be included. I understand also that it cost the business more money, and they can keep the wing dish cost down without adding it. You can also just build it into the price and if the customer wants more than charge more. I can say that I did love the fries here. Yes, when they got home they were a little soggy but that is to be expected. The taste is great and the freshness of them is apparent which saved the meal for me.

The whole thing is, I like wings. So I am a little picky when it comes to them, especially when it’s a wing place. I like the restaurant itself, and the staff are very nice and accommodating. The wings are okay, but not great. The price is definitely good, and the fries are great. Will I be back?? Yes, most likely since it is in my area, but wouldn’t go out of my way for it but I can say that Wings of Winter Garden is fat kid tested fat kid approved.
As Always Stay Peckish my friends

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

The new location has not effected the wings as they were as good as they were before the move. The hot garlic wings were still warm by the time they got to Clermont. The sauce was not a plentiful so I will order them wet the next time. The new digs should help this place tremendously.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We were in the mood for wings, and usually Wings of Winter Garden (WOWG), has been fine. We ordered the family meal deal, which came with 50 wings, four drinks, and a large curly fry, for $39.99. We also added some sauces (we couldn't all agree on a flavor), two fried mushrooms, and two fried mozzarella sticks. $67.00 later, these better be great wings!! I live maybe 7 minutes away from the restaurant, so there should be am expectation that the wings are hot, and the fries are maybe not crunchy any longer, but perhaps close to edible. What does one hooe for most from a wings place, big juicy, reasonably sized wings. Not this evening, we must have ordered mini-wings tonight. I remind you, in have been here before, and probably will be again, but tonight fell way short. We three the fries away, they were wading in a sea of slime that we did not want to take part in. The fried mushrooms and mozzarella were perfectly cooked, and were promptly devoured.