“Always a great place for southern food”

Cotillion Southern Cafe
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: USD 9 - USD 24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Southern Cuisine, served "ASAP", As Southern As Possible. Made from Scratch including: Chicken N Waffles, Shrimp N Grits, "Train Wreck", Smoked Pulled Pork, All Sauces, Dressings, Desserts and a Full Selection of Sandwich and Salads.
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I always start the same way, fried green tomatoes, and always get full and satisfied, but never finish my entree.
Service is a bit slow , I imagine because they are a small restaurant and want to spend time with their guests,chatting and getting to know them. It iis a lovely atmosphere, day or night.
I have ordered most of the entrees but my favorites are the appetizers fried pickles and green tomatoes, yum!
Don't forget to look around , get up and go see the old pictures of the area and the cute bathrooms, ladies and men's. The clothes and cookbooks are for sale too.
Just a nice way to spend a couple of hours, if they aren't tooooo busy!
Nice place for the locals to take visitors for lunch or dinner.
I finally made a separate trip for desert and coffee! The deserts are huge, like 4-6 people huge. But I went with a friend , we each ordered something different , both cake, and shared!wow delicious. Deserts made on premise!

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Found this restaurant via TripAdvisor and decided to try it. From the moment you walk in the door, you feel like 'family'. Enjoyed the ambiance, the food, the staff. And, you MUST save room for desert - not only are the cakes absolutely beautiful, but some of the best I have ever tasted.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

The BEST fried green tomatoes anywhere. And the fried shrimp were spectacular - huge and sweet and cooked perfectly (I'd dive the shrimp a 15 on a scale of 1-10. I have never had better shrimp in a restaurant - I plan to go back and try them blackened). Desert was great.

Be sure to make a reservation - the Restuarant is tiny (maybe 35 seats total?) and when all the seats/tables are filled, there is no where to stand inside. I've seen people get upset when there are no open table tables but if you scan the room, you will see -- someone is still sitting at 'your' table and you can't sit down until they leave!!

Enjoy - it is a great little restaurant.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Bring your appetite! The food is delicious and Southern. Shrimp and grits, meatloaf, pulled pork, etc. but save room for the desserts. Or take dessert home - the pies, cakes, bread pudding and banana pudding should not be missed.
Go online and make a reservation or you might be waiting outside for a spell.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

I tell ya I can't get enough of this place. If you are looking for true southern cooking this is the place. Very nostalgic for me having grown up in the south. Green beans are well seasoned, cheese grits are slow cooked and thick. Fried green tomatoes are divine with light breading and salt and pepper. Save room for dessert because a slice of cake can serve 4.