“Great all round experience and highly recommend”

Cycling Tours Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Cycling Tours Antigua At Cycling Tours Antigua, we provide both guided and support for self-guided tours that enable you to see the landmarks of this beautiful country. Whether you’re here for the day or staying on island and want to visit one of our 365 beaches, climb the historic Shirley Heights or participate in a local road race, we can arrange it! We maintain a high standard of service and attention to detail for all our tours through meticulous itinerary planning, careful preparation, thorough staff training - we strive to deliver a comfortable, safe, fun and enriching travel experience. Friendly Guides: Your local guide is responsible for taking care of you and your bike. They ensure everything runs smoothly so you can enjoy a trouble-free journey with no worries about logistics and timetables. Our Bikes: For all our tours we use quality mountain, hybrid or road bikes (depending on the tour) with lightweight alloy frames, 24- to 27-speed gearing,
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great all round experience and highly recommend. Derrick was always quick to reply to emails which made it very easy to organise.

I wanted to hire a bike for a solo tour of the island and Derrick was awesome. I was able to pick up the bike the evening before so I could set off extra early to beat the heat.

The bike was good quality (modern road bike with disc brakes) + helmet supplied. I let Derrick know I didn't have bike shoes with me so the bike was ready with normal peddles. Also recommended a route + roads to avoid.

Thoroughly recommend and will do it again when back in Antigua

Derrick S, Owner at Cycling Tours Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your kind words David it was our pleasure to make sure you got to see as much of our Island as you did.
Thanks for the photos and looking forward to seeing you again soon

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"water"
"beach"

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Very friendly, good bikes, great routes (going places you would never find on your own) and fantastic commentary and banter along the way (history, flora, fauna, yet have it all)....and you can drop into the best coffee shop on the island (Carib Bean Coffee Roasters - very worthwhile).....if you ask nicely!

Derrick S, Owner at Cycling Tours Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thanks Iain it was our pleasure to show off our Island to you and we hope on your return we can do it again

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Derrick was awesome. I miss match my pedals and shoes, Derrick tracked down some shamano cleats for me so my riding could continue - he was very responsive. drop off and pick up right from my resort.

I was a little skeptical about riding after the cab ride from the airport. Once I got on the bike and followed the 60klm route that derrick pointed out I was amazed. Roads are fine and the cars are no issue. The route I chose was hilly and challenging (fig tree hill, english harbour), which is what i wanted. i got a really good workout with spectacular views.

I highly recommend.

thanks Derrick.

Derrick S, Owner at Cycling Tours Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you for your kind words it was our pleasure We look forward to hosting you again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I enjoy cycling in different places so arranged a trip with Derrick prior to arriving in Antigua. Communication was great and he was flexible on dates. The ride itself was with Alistair who was very knowledgeable and great fun. There's not many 60km rides that will give you beaches, locally made coffee, cricket stadiums and naval history. There's the odd pothole in Antigua (!) but the drivers are very respectful.

Derrick S, Owner at Cycling Tours Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for your kind words it was our pleasure hosting you We look forward to hosting you again in the not to distant future.