“The worst experience I have ever had - Be ware!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sultry Swing Ballroom and Dance Studio
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We went to Sultry Swing to learn new dances for a future event. I admit I'm not a good dancer, but I did this for my wife. I have taken classes in the past, learned alot, and enjoyed myself. This was the total opposite! John was frustrated with my lack of skills, only demonstrated the moves 3-4 times, then critiqued me as if I was a pro. He made loud announcements to the class about my lack of techniques and improvements - all the while indicating that he was talking about my lack of ability. We clearly came as a couple, yet he made us partner with random people - makes no sense b/c I am not planning on dancing with anyone else other than my wife. At the end, he indicated that I had flunked the class and should come back 2-3 more times to relearn. As a guy without rythym, it takes huge guts to take lessons and make a fool of yourself. John's "teaching" was terrible - you either get it or you flunk! Glad the first lesson was free, b/c this guy will never see a dime from me!

3  Thank 31Wanderluster31

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Sultry Swing is a very cozy, laid-back dance studio a couple miles due west of downtown West Palm Beach. You get a few couples but mostly it's singles learning to dance in weeknight classes and then practicing their steps on Saturday night. We took lessons several nights a week for two months -- rumba, salsa, east coast and west coast swing, two step, hustle, etc. -- and they were very well taught.Others came just for the occasional evening. Even clumsy people like me felt the patient support of all both teacher and fellow students. Saturday night brings out the good dancers from the area, but the atmosphere is also welcome to those who are just learning. I'd strongly recommend it both to locals and those who are just visiting. It's certainly the nicest atmosphere for ballroom dancing I've come across thus far.

1  Thank Rosecrans