“Love those HONEYBELLS”
Review of Cushman's Fruit Company - CLOSED

Cushman's Fruit Company
Reviewed 30 January 2015

I finally go some FLORIDA honrybells this year. I look forward to them every year. This year I felt cheated again. Now that HARRY AND DAVID are in control of sending oranges, they've messed up my double order. They sent me oranges with seeds in them as well as being half the size of true honeybells. Last year they snuck the west coast honeybells at me. Everyone I share them with commented on how they didn't taste the same. I paid full price for my double shipment and got half of my true order. I'm not happy with H and D.
Why bother with them?
Thanks for your attention.
Janice Irwin

14  Thank jancie73

Reviewed 12 February 2014

when they're good, they're great but when they're not so good, they'll replace them without question!!! nice gift

1  Thank Valerie D
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I ordered a box of oranges for delivery on January 31. I still have not recieved anything and it is already the second week in February! Cushman never called or provided an update on when I am expected to receive the shipment. Awful.

6  Thank Tkegooky
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Ordered two, 10# boxes of these Honeybells (with a promo code) on 12/19/13. They were due to be delivered 1/6/14--delayed. Rescheduled for 1/21--delayed again. (We are in VA & were told freezing temps in our area were responsible for the delay.) RE-rescheduled for 1/31. Received 2/1/2014. WORTH WAITING FOR!!! Thin rinds, LOADED with juice, and best of all, cotton-candy-like pulp. Despite the delays, they were seriously, a treat. My husband said "I feel like a little kid--happy inside--just eating this!"
We noticed that the shipping box said the fruit was shipped from Oregon. I am not sure if this means we got the Western Honeybells that the reviewers from FL were complaining about, but if they were, they were a thrill to us. My neighbors said the box we sent them, were INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS, too.

3  Thank Ladels_N_JellySpoons
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

It's closed!
This used to be a great stop because they offered different types of citrus, freshly made fudge and jams free. Of course they were all sample size but free nonetheless. They had reasonable pricing with great products and good customer service. No more.
I believe it was bought out by a big corporate entity and things've not been the same since.
Alas, the end of a great 'family' operation and, unfortunately, the end of an era!
dlc