Review Highlights
Fun time, but go in summer!!

Fun time, but go in summer since the water can get pretty cold. However, on a hot summer day its... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Carlos V
Mermaids, reptiles, crystal clear spring water and a summer waterpark

We visited this Florida State Park mid Nov 18 before the mermaid show was temporarily closed for... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
hopalongrving
St. Augustine, Florida

1,892 results
All reviews little mermaid mermaid shows boat ride buccaneer bay old florida state park live mermaid swimming area riverboat cruise natural spring the water is crystal clear animal shows gift shop rogers park per adult wildlife turtles
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice way to spend half day. Arrived very early (7:30 am, mid March, small line that day, it was a bit cold) summer time, weekends and holidays gets packed and they just allowed X amount of guests so your chances of not entering grow with later in the day. Reasonable price (Adult: $13.00 Child 6 – 12 $8.00, 5 and under: FREE).

Temperature in the mid 40ies yet the water remains at 72 around the year and even early (8am) kids went in the water without a problem.
Coolers and outside food permitted, plenty of tables for picnic plus cafeterias in place.

Mermaid show fun for young kids, arrive early. Next half day we did Kayaking down the river with their next door kayak company (boating in Florida), totally worth it and convenient located. Day well spent, got the most this two venues offer.

1  Thank MaeKraft
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Went to see the mermaids. Enjoyed the wildlife boat ride the most of the whole park. Mermaid show was geared toward kids but okay. Liked seeing the fish swimming in with the girls. The vintage footage of the old park was cool as well.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had heard about the Weeki Watchee Mermaids all my life. Now retired, my wife and I decided to take our daughter and two grandsons (7 & 4) to see what this was all about. Three hours from Ponte Vedra, we first went to Dinosaur World in Plant City and stayed the night at the Holiday Inn Express near the park. This park is not dog friendly but a mile away is the Weeki Watchee Pet Care Center/Hospital which will provide day care if you call ahead and make a reservation and provide the usual vaccinations proofs faxed from your vet. A nice facility and reasonable. The Park is pretty nice and we were glad we showed up early and went straight to the boat ride. While nothing spectacular it was quite nice and the kids enjoyed. The Ranger/guide provided a good presentation and some humor. We went right to the Wildlife Show which filled to overflowing very quickly. But we were really not impressed and so we left early to get in line for the 1:30 showing of “The Little Mermaid “. Good thing we did. Seating is limited to 300 and we were one of the first 30 in. Sat up front which was nice. The show definitely exceeded what I expected. Adults and kids all had fun. Nice gift shop. Parking was good for us but we were early. Would recommend as a different activity.

1  Thank ejmoller
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I went to Weeki Wachee Springs State Park with my wife and kids. The weather was beautiful and it was very busy. We wanted to see the mermaids' show. We missed the first show because they reached their capacity. We had to coma back later for the 2nd showing. You have to make sure you get in line at least 30-45 min before the actual show starts. The show is fairly quick and my toddlers enjoyed watch the mermaids. The swimming are is absolutely beautiful with clear water and temperature at 74 degrees. They have slides for kids and life guards on duty all the time. We stayed mainly at the little kid's pool area, relaxing and enjoying the day

1  Thank brunodZ7357SD
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My daughter and I rented Kayaks for the 5 mile trip down the river. The kayaking was fun and we enjoyed being outside on a beautiful Florida day, however the "nature" experience was not what I expected. The staff at the park was great, the problem was with the other visitors on the river. Various companies rent kayaks and paddle boards for visitor, as well as motorized tour boats and private boats, and it was a gorgeous day so the river was crowded. And many of the people on the river had no experience with kayaking so there were many bottlenecks. And then their were the people who felt that everyone wanted to listen to their music so much of nature was lost over the sound of booming music. I imagine that the trip would be much better on a day when there are less visitors on the river. Due to time issues we had the last booking at 2 pm so maybe it would be a more natural experience at an earlier rental time. I would love to go back and hopefully get a quieter day or time so we could also enjoy what nature the river had to offer.