“Caps ”

Caps Pizza
Ranked #101 of 359 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Caps is a pizza place not far from home. They have very good pies. They are known for a white pizza. I have never had a bad pizza there.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

We've heard lots of great things about Caps Pizza and had to give this place place a try.

Friday night, of course they're so busy, so we ordered a medium pizza with pepperoni & meatball .

What could go wrong? Well, it's only pizza. So here's the bottom line for Steve and me (we ARE spoiled by NYC pizza please know).

1 Expected crunchy crust ... this crust -- reminded me of soft taco shell.

2 Appearance: I've never seen a pizza literally covered with oregano like this one. So the main ingredient tasted like oregano -- not that that's terrible -- and also included little pebbles of garlic.

3 This leads me to, "Where's the meat?" Please, when a person wants meatball, they don't expect slivers of meatloaf. Pepperoni either overpowered by spices or just plain skimpy and limp.

Dislike giving any bad reviews, I like oregano and garlic -- just not what we ordered.

NOTE: Friends love this place, so we will give it another try sometime.

Happy trails 2 U.

1  Thank Suzanne K
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We were in Vero last weekend for my son's lacrosse game and needed to find a place for lunch afterwards. As always, I turned to TripAdvisor to give me some leads. We settled on Caps Pizza after reading many great reviews and the fact that the boys (3 of them--all hungry, thirsty, and sweaty) would eat pizza.

This is definitely the kind of place that you'd drive by and be leery of based on the dive-bar looking exterior. But in my experience, those are the hidden gems of towns, as this one is.

We went on a Saturday around 1:30--not busy--we walked right in and sat down. Our waitress was very friendly. She took our drink orders right away. My husband loved that the kids were there helping out (bringing straws, menus, etc). He loves family-owned businesses.

I will say, the iced tea was VERY watered down...almost like drinking water. That did not make me happy.

We started out with a basket of garlic knots---holy cow! They were SO good. If we ever go back I may indulge in an entire basket as my meal! Even one of my sons who only eats plain rolls ate them and loved them!

Everyone wanted pizza, so we got a few pies. A large cheese pizza for the three boys (who all eat like adults). My husband and another dad got a medium meat lovers pizza. I got a slice of mushroom pizza.

The two whole pies were beautiful--fresh and hot. Everyone loved them. I was not as thrilled with my slice of mushroom pizza. It was a slice of plain pizza with canned mushrooms thrown on top before it was put in to the oven to be heated up. It was OK, but unimpressive.

Overall, a great meal. Everyone left full! We would make it a point to go back there if we are in Vero Beach again.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

The price is ok but the sauce is terrible on their pizza. I say skip it. If you want good pizza go to Ninos on Kings Highway or on the corner

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I live in Vero and I love pizza. I have eaten pizza at most every place in town many times over the last 30 plus years. Caps consistently has the best quality ingredients creating a very good pizza every time I go. A couple of suggestions the standard pepperoni pizza is the best choice and if you like specialty pizzas then go with spinach and bacon. The price is not the cheapest but definitely worth the pizza trip