“Great Subs & Specials”

Girodano's Italian Deli
Ranked #137 of 359 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 December 2016

Freshly made subs &,if you go on the right day, you will get the best home-cooked meal for lunch. Home made! Not much in atmosphere, but regulars don't seem to mind...lots of take out since seating is very limited.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I have been going here for years. I think it's second or third generation now. Very classic Italian deli. The Italian sub is amazing. The guys who make the subs are always friendly and fun to talk to. I prefer to visit small family places over chains. The quality is and freshness is what puts their subs over the top.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

I went in around 11:30 for lunch. There was only 1 or 2 customers there at that time. I ordered the Chicken Parm sub. After waiting about 20 minutes it finally arrived. The bread was over toasted and way too crunchy. You will get much better value and satisfaction at Brain Freeze or Jersey Mike's near by. The $9.75 price didn't even include a pickle or chips. They do not take debit or credit cards.

1  Thank LEvoyeur
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I try to seek out places like this....family owned, non-chain little holes where frequently the food is exceptional.

This is that sort of place.....it is small, and the coolers and shelves are loaded with tasty things to buy. In addition to our lunch, we bought a bag of Hungarian egg noodles to cook in a Veal Strogenoff..and they were excellent.

For lunch we both ordered the Garlic Italian....the same as the Italian Classic, except with a heavy load of garlic. The sandwiches were hand made by the grandfatherly gent in the kitchen....Italian bread, meats, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, hot peppers.....and garlic. The sandwiches were finished with oil and vinegar, and that may have been there flaw in our eyes, because they made it a little bit soggy. We sat at one of the small tables, adding chips and a gourmet rootbeer to our meal. There are also outside tables, but it was chilly they day we were there.

I liked the food, but didn't love it. I guess I will forever compare Italian subs with those sold by Tuto Italiano in Boston. Everything else seems to come up short.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

We were thrilled to discover this little gem of a deli on a recent stay in Vero Beach, in a small strip mall just a few blocks from the Hampton Inn where we stayed.

The Italian subs we ordered were about $8.50 each, assembled to order, and worth every penny.

There are a very few tables inside and a few more outside. We came to find out the lovely couple running it (this is literally a Mom-and-Pop operation) are Hungarian, so we probably would have enjoyed their Goulash lunch special as well.

Through casual conversation we learned they were selling genuine Hungarian paprika along with the Italian goods on the shelves. Our own supply, imported by us from Hungary, was running low and this proved to be a wonderful opportunity to buy a fresh batch.

This is a wonderful place, not to be missed. Incidentally, the correct spelling is Girodano's Deli. I have a photo to prove it.

Highly recommended for the subs (and for any Hungarian specials they offer too).