“Wonderful !!!!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Peaceful, Creative, delicious and fresh
My husband and I first discovered Osaka on his birthday, on a Saturday night~
We were very happy with the atmosphere, service & food! For a Saturday night ,it was purely quiet ~My husband adored the sushi~! He said it was the freshest he has had! I enjoyed very much, the sushi rice/avocado rolls~ and many appetizers we shared ,Shumai were especially special! We felt very welcome and were treated with much care~ A beautiful memory ! Thanks Osaka~!!!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I've been slow to move into the world of sushi. At the Osaka you have an alternative. I've always liked Tempura, but quality is often hard to find. Here - ordering the shrimp & vegetable tempura dinner - it was a pleasant surprise. Started with the clear soup - very flavorful - a ginger based salad included as well was good, but relatively uninteresting. The tempura included broccoli, onions, carrots etc. along with 6 jumbo shrimp. The batter was light, not greasy and the plate came with a bowl of lightly seasoned soy dipping sauce. Drinks were reasonable, especially pricing on Asian beers. We actually went twice in one week. The first trip was all sushi.....and very good. The second trip was on a pretty busy Friday night and the female owner was the only server. She was amazing considering the running she had to do, but hopefully they normally have a backup plan when their extra help is absent on short notice. Quite nice inside for a little strip mall. Check it out!

2  Thank Bannatyne
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This place is so awesome, we've been coming here for years. Jenny takes amazing care of us, and the sushi is to die for. We love the shrimp fried rice too. There's several sushi bars in Venice, but this one really is by far the best. Every roll is better than the last, our favorites include the white dragon, bbq eel, and the miami heat, each with incredible presentations.

Reviewed 15 July 2008

We had a quick bites before heading to the movies in Venice this past weekend. Osaka has been a fav of ours since we found it by accident, about a little half a year ago. So for both of us, we ordered the Ragin Cajun, it has tempura battered grouper inside and baked baby lobster on top with tobiko. We also had an order or unagi eel sushi and an assortment of sashimi. I loved the spot prawn the most, is so fresh and sweet. Yum Yum.

1  Thank locknestmonster
Reviewed 26 April 2008

I can't speak highly enough of Osaka. I happened in there one day and can't stop going back. The clear soup is the BEST anywhere in Venice or Sarasota. Best ever in my opinion. The california rolls are all great. I have my favorites, like the Ragin Cajun, but I've had most of them and love them all. There appetizers are fantastic, especially the Crab Rangoons and the dumplings. My friend always gets the chicken tereyaki and loves it. The service is always really good. I've eaten in and to go and always had a great experience. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! The only problem is it's small on the inside and I'm afraid once people find out how good it is it will be hard to get a table.

1  Thank princess2010_8