“Best Pizza in Florida”

Joel's Pizza Palace
Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Valrico
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Are you tired of places advertising New York "Style" pizza? Don't you want to sink your teeth into the real deal? Well here it is. And it's probably one of the best kept secrets in Brandon. I know, it's hard to believe that you can get the real thing here in South Florida but someone upstairs must really like us because Joel serves the best pizza South of New Jersey.

Not only does he use high quality and authentic products, he also is quite friendly and so is his staff. He also serves other American-Italian dishes such as Eggplant or Chicken Parmesan, Sausage and Peppers, Spaghetti and Meatballs, garlic knots (my wife's favorite) and huge salads. My favorite is the Greek Salad. It's large enough for the three of us and it's only $6. My friends love the calzones. Large enough to share but inexpensive enough not to. Last week, I brought in a group of 20 people and it was not a problem for Joel although I did call him the night before just to give him a head's up. He kept coming up to me thanking me over and over. Every single person left happy and full. But here is the best part. He also serves the authentic Tampa Deviled Crab Cake like they used to in Ybor City back in the early 1990's. Every bite fills your mouth with that spicy taste created right here by the immigrants who settled here in the turn of the 20th century. Only $3. Incredible !

So now you have it. Friendly owner and staff, clean restaurant and bathrooms, delicious food that is to die for and prices incredibly low. No poor attitudes here. They even do take out and delivery. Great ! Just in time for football season.

Thank Michael Z. L

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

It nice quiet and friendly place . They sale pizza by the slice or whole day or night. I have lunch there 2 - 3 times a week. But offen bring my family for dinner.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

next door to Shrimp Boat pizza very good atmosphere friendly like an Italian home Pasta is also good but go there primarily for pizza

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I ordered and large pizza to go, they are always friendly and very welcoming. Pizza tasted great, the best in this area. In a prior visit ordered pasta chicken parmigiana, salad and chicken marsala and it was delicious.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Low quality food, horrible service, way too small, AMAZED that this many people want to eat this crapo

Been to Joel's Pizza Palace? Share your experiences!