“Very clean”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Just Hangin' Out Near Eleanor Island
New Unit Coming Soon
John's Pass Village and Bridge
Kayaking the Hillsboro River
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tampa, Florida
“Very clean”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

I rented the main house which is a two bedroom and one bath..The house was extremely clean and a big space with a patio out back with chairs and table.It had everything you could ever need in a well equiment kitchen..with beach towels..toys...chairs etc..We had a couple of very small issues and contacted the owner Susan in which she was over in minutes to address and fix the problem..We are already talking about coming back soon and I would HIGHY recommend this property..even pet friendly.Don't listen to the negative nellies out there some people just like to complain about anything..Thank you again Susan your the best !!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
5 Jul 2016
I really enjoyed you, helping with your party, meeting your group! Thank you for such a nice review. Looking forward seeing everyone again soon.
Patricia...
Asheville, North Carolina
“Property not as described; owner disorganized, lacks professionalism”
Reviewed 6 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

This property was described as waterfront and water view, and as having a porch. It is an apartment attached to the back of a rental house, with another small apt. on the other side. Entrance is through the carport. The master looks out on an office building and a four-lane road. The living room looks out onto the shared back yard. There is no water visible from anywhere inside or on the grounds. There is no porch. We had booked and paid for 19 days in Jan., and stayed for 11.

We had the following additional issues:
-locked out with groceries after being given the wrong key, owner not on site
-no Wifi signal; owner finally put router in unit
-items not in unit (coffee cups, sharp knives) that we needed to ask for
-washing machine was coin-operated but only cold water came out; owner had "forgotten" to connect hot water hose
-wet, mildewed living room chairs. Later replaced.
-bedroom doesn't have a door that closes, the door hangs inside the doorframe, so there's no sound privacy between bedroom and kitchen
-no bedroom closet or dresser, see picture
-dishwasher is 1/2 size, wasn't powerful enough to get dishes clean. Cycle ran for 2 hrs 45 min. We didn't use it after the first couple times.

We emailed Susan, the owner, giving her a week's notice that we were leaving early, stating that we wanted the unused days refunded based on misrepresentation of the property. After checking out, when we asked her about the refund, she stated that FlipKey had determined the property wasn't misrepresented as it is 500' from water. She called me a name I won't repeat, saying in other words that if I hadn't been so nasty she "would probably have worked with me." We have received no refund.

Jeffen, the FlipKey rep I spoke to, said they have no such definition of a waterfront property.
Ms. Benincasa is new at property management and takes complaints personally. I don't recommend her property.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
12 Feb 2016
This client was not happy from the moment she arrived 3 hours early for check in. Check out is at noon and check in is at 3 pm. Because the client had previously indicated a problem with allergies, a deep cleaning was done. This included using the floor scrubber and the upholstery cleaner attachment. We needed all of the time from check out to check in to get this done.
The description of my property does not indicate that we are waterfront or waterview. It's actually pretty clear where we are located, there are a number of photos, a location map, as well as the description that states we are at the Northern Tip of the Island, less than 500' to the beach, 300' to Boca Ciega Bay, 400' to John's Pass.
The unit has a carport and the entrance to the unit is there. It seems logical. There is a photo of this. The view out the sliding glass door is the back yard, there is a photo if this (I think it is titled, view out the living room slider).
The property is considered a tri-plex with the main house & garage facing the road, it is a double sized lot and the additional units form an L shape.enclosing most of the yard. PIctures including the other units are included in the photos for this unit. The 4 lane road is Gulf Blvd which is the main road connecting these barrier islands, it follows the shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico. It's on the property map included, there is mention of using the cross walk on the way to the beach when calculating the distance for safety.
The client had trouble connecting to wi-fi. Wi-fi can be tricky, devices vary, settings sometimes need adjustment, etc. A wi-fi repeater was brought in, it's just a device that helps make the signal stronger. My device picked up all 4 of the networks I have available for guests prior to adding the device. The previous tenants were able to connect to wi-fi as well. Sometimes it takes a little work.
The repeaters aren't used regularly but brought out when a client has a problem connecting that I am unable to resolve.
The living room chairs mentioned above were cleaned with the upholstery cleaner, given the time frame, they were damp. There was no mildew.
2 ceramic coffee cups and 2 travel mugs were provided. The client asked for more and she was given more.
4 steak knives were provided, one large chef's knife, cutting board, and a chopper. The client asked for more knives and was given an knife block in addition to the knives she had.
The bedroom door closes, it is a sliding wooden door. This door style has been featured on many of the remodeling shows, is available for purchase at most building supply stores, and is becoming quite trendy. The bedroom is at one end of the unit and the living room is at the other.
There is a closet, complete with a bar for hanging clothes and an upper shelf where extra towels, pillows and blankets are stored. It also holds the iron and ironing board. There is a piece of furniture with three large drawers, a pull out shelf for use as a desk or work area, and a light. The client did not share her concerns about these items with me. It would have been no problem to bring her another dresser.
The kitchen was completely remodeled with new appliances in 2015.
The dishwasher is also new, it is an apartment sized model. There are several settings that can be chosen, I'm unsure what combination of choices gives a 2 hour and 45 minute cycle. As the ability to clean was not brought to my attention, I haven't looked into it but will be sure to do so. When I have used it myself, it has done a nice job.
The client did come to me about the washer running cold water only.
This is how it was when I purchased the place, it never seemed to be an issue and was quickly forgotten. It is a 2 minute fix and was done as soon as the client had their clothes out of the washer.
Although all issues that were brought to my attention were resolved immediately, the client was very upset. There were 2 separate occasions where she was yelling at me, inches from my face, and I simply let her finish and tried to assure her. The 2nd time was about the hot water in the washer after it had been fixed, this was in front of another guest who had just pulled up in her car to speak with me.
When I received the email that the intention was to check out early and she cited "misrepresentation of the property" I was unsure how to proceed. A case was opened with FlipKey, after a review of my properties, it was determined that the property was NOT misrepresented.
I responded to the email that I would open a case with FlipKey and was promptly told that she had already called FlipKey, the results of the case did not matter, this was between us.
Her email demanded that a specific amount of money be returned to her, she even provided details about her bank with account and routing numbers, she provided a check out date.
Because it was determined that the property was not misrepresented and the recent communications included being yelled at 2 times, a check out date, a demand for money, a dismissal of the opinion of FlipKey that the property was NOT misrepresented, this did not seem like a situation where we're going to work together to solve the problem.
The client checked out and returned to my property about a week later, no call no email, just knocked on my door unannounced asking about her refund. She was not called a name, what was said specifically was that I probably would have worked with her if she had not been such a bxxch. It was a poor choice of words, however, it was an honest response.
Travelers enter into an agreement when they book through FlipKey. The terms of that agreement do not allow cancellation in the middle of the trip with a full refund. Had FlipKey supported her reason for leaving, a refund would have been issued. She did not mention the "misrepresentation until several days after checking in. Actually, it came up the 2nd time she was up close to my face and yelling at me about hot water a day or 2 after it had been fixed. .
On the rare occasion that a traveler has an issue, I do my best to accomodate their needs and work with them. I am fairly new at this, my first year in business is soon coming to an end. I've made some mistakes, I've learned something new with each group of travelers and I apply it to my business plan or day to day activity check list so that the mistakes of a rookie are not repeated.
jon d
Detroit, Michigan
“Perfect spot”
Reviewed 24 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Had a resort booked but literally cancelled at the last minute to book this place instead. Best decision. This place is very private and comfortable. Great place to stay. Quick walking distance to many restaurants and shops over the bridge as well as many different access points to the beach. Would stay again.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Apr 2016
Thank you for staying at Alice's and especially for being among the first guests! I've added services and access to activities to help make your next stay even better.
Jacki D
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very clean and close to the beach”
Reviewed 8 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Unit was very clean and a short walk to the beach. Had everything you needed. I would stay here again.

Travelling group: Friends
5 Apr 2016
Thank you for staying at Alice's during our first year in business! The 2nd year is looking to be even better. I've added some additional services and improved ease of access to activities and day trips. Looking forward to your next stay!
Donna B
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place to stay, close to beach and nightlife.”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This place was great. So close to the beach and just a short walk over Johns Pass draw bridge to shopping and nighlife. You could sign up for dolphin watching cruises at that same place. Owner even offered a cart to tote our beach chairs and cooler to the beach which made things much easier. Washer and dryer was also availabe right out the carport door. Very clean and cozy.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: that we didnt need a car to get where we wanted to go. when we did, there were several inexpensive options availabe.
Liked least: It rained 4 out of the 5 days we were there
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing