“Very Friendly & Helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites

Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Racine, Wisconsin
“Very Friendly & Helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We took a 2 night break from our timeshare in Orlando and stayed at Sunset Vistas. We stayed there during Spring Break so the rooms were high priced, but very nice. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Gulf View unit. The 2 bedrooms were small, but nice. The Kitchen was very large as was the Dining area. Living room was small. Both bathrooms were OK sized. When we arrived our room was not ready, but they said they would call me when it was ready. I got a call very soon afterward. When we returned to check in I found out that I had left my credit card at Planet Hollywood in Orlando the night before. The girls at the front desk called Planet Hollywood for me and got me connected with the credit card company to cancel my account. They also said that I could have a new card shipped to the resort front desk and they would call me when it got there. It arrived the next day and they left a message on my cell phone and the room phone to let me know that the card had arrived. I did not expect that kind of help so I was very surprised and happy. The beach was great. Cabanas and other items are available to rent on the beach. Not to far of a walk from the property to the water. I will stay here again if I get the chance.

Room Tip: I would not pay the higher price for a Beach Front unit
1 Thank wood625
ghoch, General Manager at Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Wow, we really love to hear when our employees go above and beyond, thanks for the nice comments. We are delighted that these visitors had a wonderful vacation. We do feel one of our advantages is the distance to the water, not a mile hike like some properties in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed at Sunset Vistas from March 17-24. It was an excellent experience. This is our 4th trip to Sunset Vistas and we will for sure come back again to enjoy all that Treasure Island has to offer. Very close walk to John's Pass. Lots of shopping and places to eat. The Middle Grounds Grill is fantastic. The rooms at Sunset Vistas are very spacious. I like that there is a separate patio door entrance from the master bedroom to the balcony. The sunsets are fantastic and can be viewed right from your balcony. Kitchen is very large and equipped with everything you will need. I noticed an earlier comment regarding the fire drill testing that took place. We were there during that time and certainly had proper notice that the testing would be taking place. I felt that notices were posted well in advance. Well worth the two minutes of alarm ringing to know that they are functioning properly - thank you!! The beach is absolutely amazing! Beautiful, powder white sand moments from your room. Plenty of chairs and cabanas available for rent on the beach by the local Taylor Beach Service. Overall great experience. This is an excellent place to vacation with your family. Will be returning as soon as we can!!

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms on the North side. Views of sunset and overlooking the pool.
1 Thank RJG83
This review has a great perspective on our resort and is much appreciated! We hope to inspire every guest to return frequently and consider us their home away from home!
Fort Providence, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

The beach was awesome and only steps from our room. The staff were friendly and parking was very well organized. My only complaint was the cafe. After a long day of traveling with a 2 year old we find the on site restaurant was closed at 5 P.M. When we got to the cafe for breakfast it was served on plastic throw away plates and cutlery and overpriced for what you get.

2 Thank Mackinnon_29
ghoch, General Manager at Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
We appreciate the nice review! With a full kitchen and many dining choices near by, we find most on vacation find the breakfast and lunch hours convenient. We do have space limitations to do china and glass service. The quick, easy serve option does meet most needs and we found later hours were not patronized. We hope to see these guests again soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We came to Florida to see Spring Training baseball but our stay at Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites (Treasure Island) was the highlight of the trip. The beach was beautiful, the pool clean and the staff friendly. Our 2-bedroom suite had a wonderful view of the ocean and was good size for 2 couples. The location is a short walk Johns Pass Village (shopping, restaurants, entertainment, etc.). Several other restaurants were also within walking distance. Had a great time at the beach and the baseball was pretty fun too! Will be back next year!!

The Bodenstedts (Virginia) and the Sweeneys (Ohio)

Room Tip: Request an oceanfront suite 3rd floor or higher - better views and less street noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Patricia B
Nothing better than catching one of many Spring Training games in the area. We are happy these guests had the opportunity and we appreciate the patronage and nice comments!
Carmel, Indiana, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

6 months ago I reserved our Sunset Vistas condo. Because we are light sleepers, I asked for a unit on a high floor at the end. Several times before we checked in, I called to ask a question. Each time, I was assured that my request was with my reservation. I even asked if the rooms were as beautiful as the one that shows up when you log on to their website. I was assured that all the units were beautifully decorated. Even though this unit was larger than what we needed (there were only 2 of us) & it was way more money than others, I thought since it was going to be so beautiful & tropical, I would go ahead with it. I was even told that if I arrived right at check-in time of 4PM, that would be best for getting what I requested. I was at the front desk checking in just before 4PM. I was advised at that time that our credit card would be charged an extra $60 a day for incidentals & refunded upon check out if they weren't used. When I asked for a list of the incidentals they charged for, none was available. The unit we were assigned was on the 5th floor (I was told there was nothing available on the 6th floor or on an end), right in the middle of the building, right off the pool elevator & directly above the bar. When I opened the door to the unit, the first thing that I saw was that everything in the living room was old, dark & scratched. The couch had an ugly dark brown design & was very uncomfortable to sit on. The one & only chair in the living room was so hard, you couldn't sit on it without feeling as though you had a board at your back. I immediately called downstairs to the front desk to express my feelings. This was not at all what was pictured on line or wasn't at the time and as far as Tommy Bahama style, I've seen some Tommy Bahama tropical design & this certainly didn't look like it. There were scratches on the wood on the one end table and on the end of the couch. This furniture was not new, only recovered. There is much wasted space in the kitchen. The bar stools as well as the chairs around the table had spots on the fabric of the seats. Steve, at the front desk, tried to be helpful & said I would have to wait until Saturday AM to talk with the manager about being moved. Saturday's manager, Briana, was nice & I was able to look at 2 different rooms, both of which were the same dark ugly brown as the one I was in. The drapes were also dark which gave the room an old feel. The internet didn't work, so we had to call again for help. We were told someone would call us about it. In the main bath off the kitchen, the switch to the fan was loose. The front bedroom had no hangers in the closet. The master bedroom had 4 wire hangers & we were checked in for 7 nights! The frig needed wiping out. The door to the balcony needed cleaning. The tile in the shower only bathroom looked like it was leaking in 2 different places & there was hair standing on top of the drain. The ice maker didn't work, ended up being broken, a part ordered & we were promised it would be fixed on Monday (when I asked about ice, they brought up a bag-unit wasn't fixed until Tuesday & we never received a call to advise). A washcloth in the bathroom was stained along the edge as well as a spot on the sheet on the master bed. The master bedroom night stand wood was chipped. There was a towel that had been stuffed in a ceiling level vent. On our first night a party went on until 2AM even though when I complained about that, I was told there is security on site, the pool is to close at 10PM & the noise ordinance kicks in at 11PM. On my 2nd day, I saw another unit with the same ugly dark colors in the living room. None of the rooms I was shown was on an end. All of the gulf front units are directly above either the kiddle pool area, the main pool area, the bar with a singer or tables & chairs near the bar where people congregate at all hours. I began talking with others who were checking out, asking them if I could see their rooms. One end unit was decorated in a beautiful tropical style so I asked for that unit only to be told it wasn't handled by Sunset Vistas. Another I asked about on the 6th floor, same story, not handled by Sunset Vistas. The DVD player in the living room had been unplugged, most likely by the previous resident & the remotes were not with the TV's they went with. The microwave was not clean. I asked about the closest grocery, was told it was open until 11PM & was 1/4 mile away. I drove down only to find it closes every night at 9PM. The bed pillows were very uncomfortable & hard. After Saturday & me asking about the other units that were not handled by Sunset Vistas, I never heard another word from anyone about changing our room. On Monday at 11:45 AM an alarm went off. I called the front desk to ask about it, only to be told to ignore it. I asked why the residents weren't notified & was told there was a sigin in the elevator. We had not been out yet that morning & the signs were NOT there when we came in the night before, so, we had no idea what was happening. On Tuesday at 6PM all of a sudden the internet isn't working again so we call the local internet provider only to be told that all the access codes are changed each Tuesday. Again, we were not notified at all of this. There were no booklets in the room to provide instructions for using the microwave, ice maker, oven etc. There was nothing to tell us about the nearest grocery or things to do. The elevator that was nearest our assigned parking spot was the one nearest the bar/pool/beach access and it was very slow at all times of the day & night. I picked up some brochures in the lobby upon check in or else I wouldn't have known anything. Steve made an excellent recommendation of a local restaurant, Middle Grounds Grill, for which I have submitted my thoughts separately. It was delicious. Overall, I felt as though this complex was a huge waste of my money. I did not feel as though my concerns about all the items in our unit were really cared about, even though by the time I went down to the front desk I had photos of everything I had mentioned to them, it didn't seem to matter. I will post these photos later. This is not a complex I would ever recommend. I was given a $50 credit on my bill for my trouble ~ no where near enough to make up for all the things we experienced. As I was checking out the last morning, I talked with another gentleman who had just checked in & he told me he had been upgraded to a 3 bedroom on the 6th floor for no reason at all and certainly nothing he had asked for. Go figure :(

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DDDFJD
Thank you for taking the time to read this far! Our goal is to exceed expectations at Sunset Vistas, and we regret that, with every effort and most being declined, we could not turn around this guest experience. We find it rare that a guest would select accommodations by personal tastes regarding the color/pattern of the upholstery. Three different room locations were offered on arrival day and the next day. The reservation was booked 3months prior (not 6), and request was granted for an upper floor we cannot always honor a specific location. Management met with the guest to address issues the morning after arrival, offered touch ups, etc. the guest declined. There is a guest service directory (info) in every suite. The front desk has a large restaurant and activity library available. A two minute repair of the fire alarm was noticed at each elevator over 24 hrs prior. The property has 5 elevators available. The internet issue was not reported nor was there a problem with any other suite, streaming is not available. A large bag of ice was immediately provided. We have updated our staff on the change in closing time of Publix. While we regret any oversight by housekeeping, our staff was responsive and room change and special cleaning attention was declined. Regarding our décor, our new drapes are a soft green “willow” color, new durable upholstery will hold up to beach wear and tanning oils. The furniture wood/color is tropical style with rattan and louvered features in both of the bedrooms, living and dining. Drapes are yellow in the bedrooms and are lined to block out light. It is a busy Spring time at the beach and guests are enjoying the amenities. Security maintains a peaceful atmosphere. Entertainment is only during some afternoons and most guest feel it adds to their experience. We are happy to occasionally upgrade accommodations when they fit a booking pattern. I am always happy to hear from a guest prior to, during or after a visit. Reviews on this site are helpful to guests and management but it should be recognized that they represent a very small percentage of patrons of the property.