“Been gone for a Month, still craving their food!”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Price range: USD 2 - USD 20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was such a pleasant surprise- in a strip mall. We went with a party of seven and every person across all ages thoroughly enjoyed their food. From the gumbo, to the po boys, to the Cajun quesadillas, jambalaya, bisque- everything top notch from a very well trained chef. We enjoyed our meal so much we returned for breakfast and once again were not disappointed. The croissant French toast, Cajun andouille omelette, beignets- excellent! Can't wait to return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The weekday lunch specials are amazing. We had the Tuesday lunch special for $6.99, a Shrimp Po Boy with one side (chose the Lobster/shrimp bisque). The Po Boy was on a 6" roll and had at least 20 yummy shrimp. The bisque was fantastic. Everything was fresh and delicious, including the remoulade sauce they have there. They also have happy hour food and drink specials, and early bird dinner deals. Truly one of the best lunches I've ever had in my life, for only $6.99. Be sure to check their online menu for all the specials, and they have a great selection of craft beers on tap, only $4 a pint during happy hour.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Came to Treasure Island for a friends BD party but needed to get a little something to eat. Saw Shrimpy's on Trip Advisor, read the reviews. It was less than a minute walk from where we were staying so we thought we'd try it. When you first walk in it's like, hum I don't know BUT don't let that stop you!!! The food we ate was excellent and The service was good. We had the peeled and deveined langoustino shrimp chilled, a coupe of salads and home made French fries. Everything was fresh and cooked perfectly. I would of had the Red Grouper but we had a party to go to so we ate lite. If I lived in the area I would become one of their locals. You won't find this place advertised in the local tourist magazines which was a plus as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to go where all the tourist go anyway!!!!! Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

When I read the reviews of Shrimpy's on Tripadvisor I thought it was too good to be true - a little hole-in-the-wall fish place in a strip mall voted the best seafood in Treasure Island? Well, I had to see for myself and not only is it the best I've tried in Treasure Island, but in the entire Tampa area! The fried cod was excellent and large, the fresh-cut fries great and the beet coleslaw overwhelmingly good.

1  Thank Timothy L
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Don't be deterred by the strip mall location. This place is a great casual restaurant. The shrimp bisque was fabulous and the main courses were awesome. Good choice of local beers - try the Florida Cracker. Beignets are a must