“Weekend get away for two”

The Bayside Inn & Marina
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Williston, Florida
“Weekend get away for two”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This place is easy to find and the price is average. We stayed in room 105 by the walk through and there was no great noise that weekend. So overall our weekend was really enjoyable. The room was clean, although there was no hangers, ice bucket or hair dryer and one table spoon. One of the lamps didn't work and the larger frig was not working. I'm not sure why it was in there with the smaller one working. Better to remove if not working.
I would go back. Some times smaller places are better.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and found this place on a internet advertisement. The price was unbeatable, which always makes me a little hesitant about how the establishment is being operated. Being on a budget, we decided to give it a shot. And I'll tell you what, I couldn't be happier that we did because after we left, we felt like we found Treasure Islands hidden Gem!!! The concierge staff was extremely friendly and prompt to our request. Our room was on the second story giving us views of both the Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, which was beautiful at sunset! The room itself was a 10! From the luxurious king bed to the well designed kitchenette the room was just what we were looking for. The room also came equipped with a flyer that enabled us 50% off our entire bill at a local beach bar, which was an incredible value saving us $60! Overall my wife and I couldn't be happier with our experience and definitely recommend The Bayside Inn & Marina to anyone looking for a getaway in the Bay Area! Next time I'm bringing my boat since they have slip access right outback of the hotel for a extremely reasonable rate!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bhenry97
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This vacation was one of the best I've ever had. The Bayside Inn and Marina was great from check in to check out. The person working at the front desk was very friendly and informative of local things to do and places to eat. The room was clean, pretty, and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchenette was very convenient for nights we didn't feel like going out to eat. It was also nice to be able to make a nice breakfast. The docks were really nice there. It would be a great location to bring a boat as all the slips are equipped with water and electric. The pool was refreshing and clean. The beach was conveniently located right across the street. Many things were within walking distance. The free beach taxi and trolly made it easy to get anywhere out of walking distance. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel as it was very "homey"

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AshleyH_11
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed here for a wedding and were really happy with the location; It was perfectly between the ceremony & reception venues. The room was much better than we were even expecting; the decor looks nice, and it has a kitchenette and a great view of a pier.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scbribble
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I've never stayed anyplace quite like this. Upon arrival, they could not find a room key, so the gentleman at the desk (who informed me he was not the desk clerk) climbed through the window so that we could get into our room (#212) It has a stove, refrigerator, cable TV, and appeared recently remodeled (except for the bathroom which was somewhat dated in pink and burgundy tile. New furniture included (but was not limited to) a bed and two lamps adorned with pineapples and the whole scenario gives one the feeling of staying at the Coconut Palms with Elvis during the filming of Blue Hawaii. I considered the room adequate for our three day stay.

Unfortunately, both my wife and I walked around the all tile floor of our unit in our bare feet and they turned black from what I can only hope was just dirt on the tile. The pool is not heated and thus too cold to swim in. When our room wasn't attended to our second day, I inquired at the desk and was informed that there was no daily room service, but that I could exchange my towels. A second gentleman told me that I should have been told that there was no daily maid service when I checked in. Finally, you can save yourself some heartache by not looking at the inside of the shower curtain when you shower.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WRKirk
BaysideInnTI, General Manager at The Bayside Inn & Marina, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Dear guest and other guests who read this review,

First off I am very sorry to hear about your stay based on your review. I wish I could have been there so everything could have been delt with in a proper way so that you were happy in the end and your stay with us was a good one. The "problem" manager and employees who were working there at the time of your stay are not working for us anymore. I have been hired and am the new manager and things are being run quite a bit differently. I have a new crew of friendly and smart front dest employees and a new cleaning staff.
The frist problem you had with the key to the room is unacceptable. Because of this review when I started here I made a set of spare keys which we keep locked up so that we can always access them if we need to. Now it will be impossible for a guest not to have access to their room.
As for the rooms, yes they were recently renovated, and in some of them we did choose to keep the "retro" tiles. It only adds character to the rooms and is still in amazing condition. Many of the guests absolutely love them and say they add character. The furniture we have in our rooms is all broyhill furniture. The quality and design of our furniture is a step above many other hotels on the Island and I also cannot say I have evey heard anything bad about it. It can be viewed on our website and on tripadvisor for those of you who cannot see.
As for the clendlyness of the tile floors I am sorry to hear that they made your feet dirty. I can say that the old management never checked the rooms after the cleaning ladies had cleaning them, in doing so the old manager would never know if they did a good job or not. Now that I have been working here I have hired all new cleaning ladies and I hold them to the highest of standards. They will clean one room at a time and before they move on to the next room they have to have approval from me or one of the other desk employees first. This way we make sure thet the room is spottless before they move on. I have also bought the chemicals and materials they use to clean the room and make sure everything is commercial grade in order to have the room as clean as possible upon check in.
We now do offer a cleaning every other day or so. We will have the cleaning ladies come into the rooms and they will make the beds, sweep the floors, take out the trash and provide fresh towels. Also any time the cleaning ladies are not on duty getting new towels is as simple picking up the phone and ringing the office and we will bring the fresh towels up to you right away.

I hope this response helps you and all who may read it.