Open today: 6:00 am - 12:00 am
Review Highlights
Awesome and a great value

Scott led a fantastic kayak tour where we saw multiple amazing wildlife scenes. The mangrove... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Road518772
via mobile
highlight of our vacation - great kayaking trip with family

Scott and Carissa were amazing tour guides. I was particularly impressed by their love for nature... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
borkd
New Jersey

Recommended experiences in and around Tierra Verde
from USD 74.79
More Info
from USD 325.00
More Info
All reviews mangrove tunnels florida vacation great stories sand dollars nature tour highly recommend this trip open water saw dolphins knowledgeable guides horseshoe crabs mullet collect shells great morning explained everything hour tour amazing tour any age
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I did this tour and had an amazing time! We have very little experience and are not in great shape but Scott and Karissa made us feel comfortable. They are knowledgeable of the area, great to talk to, fun people and had great stories! We will definitely go back next year and bring our kids. You paddle out about two miles through the bay and go through mangrove tunnels, which is a great experience in itself! Once you get to Shell Key, you have about a hour to wade in the warmer water, collect shells and sand dollars and watch the boats at the sand bar. It was gorgeous, could have stayed all day. Thank you Scott and Karissa!! We will see you again!

Island Kayak T, Owner at Island Kayak Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

What a wonderful time we had out kayaking around Shell Key Preserve with you and your husband. Thank you very much for choosing us to go kayaking with. We look forward to seeing you and the kids in the future. Feel free to call us anytime. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! See you next time. Safe travels.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My husband has always loved kayaking and I have never tried. Based on the reviews we decided to give this tour a try. We are seniors and I was very apprehensive. Scott gave me a quick tutorial and we were soon settled in our tandem kayak. It didn't take long before we were well separated from the group. While I felt comfortable, my husband soon realized he didn't have the strength or stamina to keep up. That's when I noticed Karissa. She stayed back with us and was always encouraging. I was relieved to know we wouldn't hold back the group. We saw fabulous wildlife and loved the mangrove tunnels. We finally made it to Shell Key with some time to explore.Scott made sure we got safely back to dock. We highly recommend Island Kayak Tours. It is a bargain compared to other tours without sacrificing quality. We had a fabulous time. Thanks Scott and Karissa!

Island Kayak T, Owner at Island Kayak Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Penny, it was nice to be able to spend some one on one time with you both. I really enjoyed talking with you as we paddled. You both did a great job, and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Perhaps now you can paddle around the lake together! Stay safe and come see us anytime!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This tour was fantastic and the guides were great with kids. I have a child on the autism spectrum and they were very patient and helpful. The mangrove tunnels were super cool.

Island Kayak T, Owner at Island Kayak Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Starr we had a great time with you and your family. You and the kids did a wonderful job kayaking. Thanks so much for the great review. We appreciate you and your family for coming out on a kayak adventure with us. Safe travels.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Scott and Karissa were wonderful guides and had so many stories to tell. They knew so much about the area. There were seabirds that swam with us the entire way and would pop up next to our kayaks. The tunnels were so gorgeous. They were like what you would see in a travel magazine! The sunset was beautiful over the bay. I highly recommend this tour to anybody looking to have a unique adventure while in the Clearwater/Tampa/St. Petersburg area!

Island Kayak T, Owner at Island Kayak Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Kaitlin, we are so happy we could be a part of your vacation. The cormorants are so fun to watch as they dive around our kayaks. Thank you so much for all the kind words you said about myself and Karissa. We truly appreciate you all coming out and spending some time with us kayaking around Shell Key Preserve. We couldn't do it without you all. Safe travels, we'll see you next time.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

My wife and I went on this kayaking tour with our parents because they offered a more affordable option than other tours. Sometimes it pays to go with the more expensive option, but that is not the case for this tour - it was excellent! Scott does a great job of leading the group, and the group is not too large, making for a great experience. Also, you have an opportunity to get out for a bit and explore Shell Key, which is fantastic as it is not easy to get to, so our tour group was the only people to be seen on the Key. We all had a great time, and would definitely recommend Island Kayak Tours to anybody headed down to the St. Pete Beach area. Thanks again!

1  Thank gjz5033
Island Kayak T, Owner at Island Kayak Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Grady, I'm so glad the weather finally cleared up and we were able to get out for that great kayaking adventure. We enjoyed having you all out on such a beautiful day. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We wish you the best of luck in school and with the new baby, and look forward to seeing you all next time. Safe travels.