All reviews busch gardens front desk moffitt cancer center hi express quiet location hot breakfast usf campus nice hotel yogurt hot tub tampa elevator microwave pros television channels convenience
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I frequently stay at hotels and this hotel is at the top of our list. The room was spotless, the breakfast selection was amazing and the customer service was remarkable! To start, I love that there is an option to choose between a "firm" and a "soft" pillow in the rooms. We had a great view of the pool up on the fourth floor and it was so quiet at night. There was an amazing selection for breakfast; eggs, sausage, pancakes, and a selection of juices and milks. As for the customer service, I have never stayed at a hotel that the employees care more than they do at this hotel. Spencer checked us in and he made us feel very welcomed. He had a great smile and had an actual conversation with us and just made us feel at home. Octavia was so helpful in the morning when she was explaining the area to us. We found a very nice beach just half hour away thanks to her and she also was very professional! All of the staff that we encountered in our stay were awesome! Keep up the good work at this hotel, you have won our business and all of our friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey H
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Hello. Thank you so much for mentioning Spencer and Octavia in your review! Spencer and Octavia will be thrilled to see their names on a review! It is a very big deal to be mentioned on Trip Advisor for all of us. We are all happy to see you had a great stay. We strive to get better and better every day in every way, and Spencer and Octavia a fine examples of doing so. Thank you again for taking time out to mention them, and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel! The staff is incredible starting with the general manager Ryan & his staff. The room was very clean & there were no problems during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words. I am only as good as the people I surround myself with. Everyone from the team member that checks you in, to our breakfast hostesses, to our room attendants works very hard to make your stay enjoyable, and worry free. We all have the goal in mind to keep you coming back again and again.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

staff was awesome! very very clean hotel. breakfast was so awesome! never seen such a spread!!! we are going back to bush gardens and definetly staying there again!!!

Room Tip: i requested 1st floor near pool and they had no problem accomidating me!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Hello! This is a fantastic review! Thank you so much, and we can’t wait to have you back again!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at this holiday Inn Express a few weeks ago and will defiantly be staying again! I am a Moffitt patient and was having surgery the next morning and just could not sleep. I decided to go down to the lobby around 2 am just to get a drink. There was a super nice young man working named Spencer. He asked me if there was anything he could help me with. I told him I was just looking for a drink and told him I could not sleep due to my surgery that I would be leaving for in a few hours. He ended up coming into the breakfast area, turned on the TV and we sat and had a wonderful conversation! This really helped calm my nerves and am so very thankful that he was there to talk to me that night! Overall this hotel is wonderful! All of the staff is very attentive to your needs, the rooms were spotless and very comfortable beds! The only complaint that I have was that one of the mornings I got up and had breakfast around 8 (breakfast was 630-930 I believe) and there was no breakfast person to be found and everything was out except for bread and finally about ten minutes later she came around the corner from the hallway. Besides that this is a beautiful hotel!

May God bless this hotel and its employees!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Hello! Wow! Thank you so much for your very kind review, and for mentioning Spencer. He has only been with us a short while, and has already made a huge impact on our team, and with our guests. Being in the hospitality industry takes a special type of person, and we are all happy Spencer is that person, and that he has joined our team! We are all looking for big things from him, and I can’t wait for you to come back and visit him!

As for your comment regarding our breakfast hostess, her name is Yasmin, and she is absolutely wonderful. I apologize she wasn’t attentive, and I am not making excuses for her. I can explain she is so dedicated and committed to the hotel, our guests, and her fellow team members she often running around folding towels in housekeeping, or getting the ladies carts ready to they can get up on the floors to service everyone’s rooms. She is such a hard worker, and I love having her on my team. She will absolutely bend over backwards to help anyone – with anything they need. I will share your comments with her, and when you come back again in the future, I am sure you will see a marked difference.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

As usual, my family enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very attentive and polite. I enjoyed my rest. We only stayed one night because we came down to visit Busch Gardens with our 3 year old. I only had one problem that was minor. I am used to most of the Holiday Inns having a wider selection for breakfast but this one didn't provide any breakfast meat. I know it may seem trivial because it is free but nothing is free. Trust me. It is incorporated into the nightly rate. Overall, I can't complain enough to avoid giving them the usual excellent rating. Oh, and the area it is located in is an excellent place. Right on a major street but away from the main traffic and close enough to reach your destination in a matter of minutes.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Hello! Thank you for your comments on our hotel! We appreciate the time you took out of your day to share your experience with our future guests. I apologize our breakfast on the day of your stay wasn’t satisfactory. We will work hard to make sure to lessen this type of incident in the future, and hope to see you again real soon!