“Berns not the ultimate”

Ranked #9 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A unique culinary experience. Perfectly aged steaks. One of the largest wine collections in the world. An internationally famous dessert room. Wine cellar and kitchen tours available for all guests. These elements have combined since 1956 to provide our guests with a unique culinary experience. Our prime steaks are cut to order, vegetables are grown locally on the Bern's farm and sourced from the finest purveyors, and our menu includes 21 choices of caviar. Each visit to Bern's Steak House takes you on a gastronomic adventure that defines Bern's not as a meal but as an experience. We invite you to join us and experience Bern's.
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great experience, fabulous ambiance. Over priced and better steak at Capitol Grill

Write a ReviewReviews (3,758)

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We went here for a special occasion and had a very good experience. I got the charcoal-grilled shrimp and it was one of the best seafood dish I ever ate. The sides that came with it were excellent. When we when up to the dessert room, I ordered the Baked Alaska and it was good, but it had a strong liqueur taste, which some may like more than me. I also got hot chocolate, which was really tasty. Overall, it was a very delicious meal.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Went there with my partner and we were really enjoyed the steak there. Totally had a great meal and yummy steak.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We've come to Bern's for years...20 years anyway. Every time we come to down for baseball spring training or for family get-togethers (my wife's family mostly live in Tampa) we do a night at Bern's. The food hasn't changed in forever, and I guess that's what diners want. Not my kind of place, as I like really good, interesting food. I come for the wines, but then again, I'm a wine nerd. The easy wines are mostly picked over from the Bern Laxer days, but there are literally thousands of gems on the list at stupidly low prices. We order gads of bottles and taste them, just to taste what a 1975 Cahors tastes like (mind blowing, in case you're interested). I forget to look at the menu and my wife gets annoyed with me (okay, uh, I'll take the snapper or whatever). It's fun to order caviar at the top of the meal and drink Champagne to start. Then the endless wine ordering starts. And it's fun to find a sommelier who wants to have fun in exploration with us, and on this visit, we did. We open about ten wines; we were charged for six, as four of the wines were really shot. If you've never been to Bern's, don't go for the food. Go because you're a wine nerd or because you want to visit this Tampa institution for the first time. Help us deplete this endless list of wines and have fun doing it.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

The steak was excellent, the service was excellent, the price was astronomical, but the experience is a one of a kind. After dinner is completed you are taken for a guided tour of the expansive kitchen facilities, then the wine cellar, and then to another room for desert. It's the experience you pay for. I will probably not go there again, but I'm very glad to have gone there once for the overall experience.

Been to Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!