All reviews the indoor outdoor pool the concierge lounge close to the airport business hotel gold member on site restaurant a nice place to stay front desk staff great pool hotel shuttle business trip international mall free shuttle raymond james stadium king bed fitness center shuttle service
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were very impressed when we stayed at the Tampa Marriott Westshore. Upon check-in, we were provided a printout of different activities around Tampa, including the Florida Aquarium's Easter celebration. The detailed printout provided us with numerous activities for the entire weekend. The room was comfortable and clean. The television had the ability to log-in to our Netflix account. Guest services provided us a refrigerator (extremely quickly) when we called and asked. The indoor/outdoor heated pool was a bonus feature, even with the gloomy weather. The Starbucks in the lobby (which opens quite early every morning) was a definite plus.

Room Tip: 8th floor(odd number) had a view of the airport to the right and a gas station and entertainment businesses across the street.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

On behalf of the Tampa Westshore Marriott staff, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Tampa.

We work very hard to accommodate and to exceed our guest’s expectations. We also pride ourselves on providing our guest the true spirit of Marriott’s Hospitality. We do our best to create that unique and exciting experience so you can say that you had a fantastic stay!

I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding our many amenities at our hotel.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

The Marriott is a typical mid range business hotel. Reasonably priced, and boring in style, like so many thousands other hotels in the US. Don't expect surprises.
I don't expect much from such hotels, but I do expect the bathroom floor to be clean. It was really very visibly dirty when I arrived, and it was not cleaned the next day. It was cleaned on the third day only.
The pool was OK, but full of leaves. Also seemed not to be very clean. And the plates and forks for breakfast were also partly dirty.
Apart from that, really nothing special…

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely appreciate your feedback. We can only improve if we know the issues. That being said I am alarmed by the lack of cleanliness in your guest room and restaurant. Please know this is not at all typical that we are known to provide and is definitely unacceptable. I definitely will be addressing your concerns with the Housekeeping Manager as well as our Food and Beverage Manager to ensure that these was isolated incidents and never repeated and I truly regret the negative impression it has left you with. Thank you again for allowing me this opportunity to address concerns with my staff and I hope we have the pleasure of serving you once again in the future. Have a great weekend!

Warn Regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I love the Marriott Westshore. It has a great location and they will shuttle you to and from the airport as well as shopping and restaurants. Jordan was outstanding at the front desk and very helpful. Beds are very comfortable and the staff is awesome overall.

1  Thank KurtLS
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely appreciate your kind words concerning our staff and the hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing our guest the true spirit of Marriott’s Hospitality. One of the reasons I love my job is because of the outstanding staff we have! I will make sure Jordan is recognized for his outstanding service.

Thank you again!

Tina

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I had a two night stay here in room 710. The room was modern with current lighting and shower. The bed is a king bed with a 'barn style' door to the bath. There is no noise from the elevator. The food services are typical at a hotel The shuttles are all fully battery powered, which is neat. The inn is less a 5 minute ride to the airport

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely appreciate your kind words concerning our hotel.

We are very proud of our new renovations and I am so glad you enjoyed staying with us.

We hope to see you again when you travel to Tampa.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I checked in and was given a room on the 8th floor. I walked into the bathroom and saw multiple strands of hair all over the countertop and dried mucus on the faucet. The bed even had a strand of dark hair on it. I went to the front desk and asked for housekeeping to just clean the countertop and sink in the bathroom. I explained what I observed upon check-in. I was given a credit, which is much appreciated, but would rather not have to deal with a dirty bathroom. I went to dinner and returned to find the used hand towel, washcloth, and floor mat removed and the trash can emptied. The countertop and sink were still dirty. Since I was only staying one night, I dealt with it and kept my personal products away from the hairs. I reported it at the front desk upon checkout so that no one else has to deal with this. I was asked if I knew the name of the person I spoke with last evening and that she may be a new staff member. Regardless, if you are going to check someone into a room, it should be clean.

Room Tip: the 8th floor is noisy. I heard people coming and going all night.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the problem you encountered during your stay. I am looking into it to ensure it does not happen again. However, it blackened your stay at our hotel, and for that I am sorry.

There are absolutely no excuses for uncleanliness! I am embarrassed that this happened. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that this was an isolated incident and that we correct moving forward. We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

We strive to ensure our guest’s experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Please accept my apologies.

Best Regards,