“Absolutely Scarey! Stay Away!”

Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
Ranked #135 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Russell, Canada
“Absolutely Scarey! Stay Away!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This hotel should be bull-dozed, it is so horribly disgusting! We got an on-line deal for a two day stay and paid in advance. Once we saw the place, and checked in, we checked right out! We will be out the two days of pre-payment but we absolutely could not stay there. The place was dirty, the remote control would not work, the plug-in was falling right out of the wall, you could not close the drawers on the disgusting dresser, there were huge holes in the ground outside of the doorway AND the fellow at the front desk appeared to be pimping for two hookers that approached him. We could not get out of there fast enough! Please do NOT stay there!!

Room Tip: The rooms are horrible!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jannygirl595
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Jannygirl1595,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens during your recent visit to our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the many repairs needed in the room assigned to your use and instructed to see to any needed repairs or replacements.

• The front desk clerk received additional training in his duties and was informed that as our employee, this did not include pimping for hookers.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Booked this motel because of the great deal in the travelers coupon booklet. People you get what you pay for! We walked in the room and just shortly after, walked right back out and demanded a refund. The location was NOT a safe community! When we walked in the room, it smelled like mold and mildew so bad it made you sick to your stomach. The pool was a pond. Yuck! It only took about ten minutes to realize we WOULD NOT be staying there. Although the location was convenient to the entrance to Busch Gardens, I'd prefer to drive from another side of town.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here! It's horrible!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MyKidsMom_12
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens during your recent visit to our area. I am sorry that you did not find the establishment to be what you had anticipated.

• Management was approached with the report that you did not feel that the place was a safe community.

• Pool staff received additional training in presenting a proper pool and pool area.

Orange City
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Oh my, The whole family had lice infested hair 2 days after stay. Definately
the dirtiest motel I have EVER been to. STAY AWAY!!!!

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rachel976
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• The manager and owner were approached with your report of lice infestation

• Maintenance was informed of your report of lice infestation and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

vero beach, fl
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This place is disgusting. My room smelled like a wet dog had been housed in it for weeks. there were prostitutes walking the halls and knocking on our door trying to solicit sex. there was mold on the walls in our room, there was hairs in the tub and bathroom sink. the furniture in the room was falling apart. you would find nicer furniture at a landfill dump. the men who work the front desk are disgusting themselves and rude. I told them i didnt feel safe staying at their hotel and that I was leaving not to charge my card. i litterally walked thru the door and turned around and walked right out. the hotel management refused to refund me for the room that i didnt end up staying in. the manager told me that in the short few hours they held the room for me before i arrived, they could have rented my room 17 x's!!!! Management OPENLY admitted to me that they rent by the hour to the prostitutes walking the halls! are you kidding me!!!! Busch gardens is right accross the street, you would think the hotel owner would make this hotel more family friendly. its disgusting and they will rob your money!!!!! DONT EVEN CONSIDER STAYING HERE!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank holly v
Dear holly v,

Thank you for considering Days Inn West of Busch Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about their doing business with prostitutes

• Management received additional training concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

Hangzhou
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I am a frequent traveller and have stayed in all kinds of hotels. This place is the worst ever. I have never rated any hotel before beacuse of my laziness, but couldn't help complaining about this one. Our room has a disgusting smell; the bathroom door is broken, so it cannot be closed; the bathtub is clogged; there is mold on the walls; sheets are not clean; the guy at the front desk is cold and unfriendly. I accidentally left my jacket when I checked out. Later when I went back to ask about the jacket, they said they found it the day before, but couldn't find in the lost and found place where only their house keeping staff have access to. Please stay away from this place.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Enlu Z
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the broken bathroom door and the clogged bathtub in the room assigned to you. They were instructed to make any necessary repairs or replacements.

• The guy at the front desk received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner which is to be shown you as our valued guest.

• Management was notified of your jacket which had been found but which the front desk person could not locate.