“Pizza was a little bland”

Villa Rina Pizza INC
Ranked #1,281 of 2,493 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We have been eating at this restaurant for over 20 years and always enjoy the food. Today the pizza crust was good but there was not enough sauce so flavor was bland.
The antipasto salad was awesome. Our friends ordered lasagna which they enjoyed. When we're in the area, we will be back!

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I've been here in the past and really enjoyed the food. Brought my husband for his first time there and told him how good it was. I ordered a chicken philly, extra cheese and onions my husband ordered the lunch special 2 slices and a drink. As soon as the kid who's cooking the food (Austin or Justin) (can't quite remember his name), sees my order he begins to complain out loud..."who orders extra cheese and extra onions"? As he proceeds to start my sandwich he then starts complaining about the owner and how he probably isn't going to get paid on time because it's a holiday (Columbus Day). He and the other staff continue to talk about their pay and the owner while (Austin/Justin) throws in a few choice cuss words. Meanwhile whoever is in charge of putting my husbands pizza slices in the oven totally forgot, my sandwich was finished and served when they realized they had yet to put the pizza in (by the way, we were the only customers there at the time). I get my sandwich which is the worst chicken philly I've ever had in my life. Nothing was mixed in with the chicken, the onions were half cooked and the cheese was on the bottom of my bread. While my husband is still waiting on his food, a woman walks in who I suspect is the owner. The gossip regarding the owner stops and (Austin/Justin) starts sweet talking, asking her how she is and so on...... She (owner/mgr.) sits in the back of the restaurant on her laptop. My husbands pizza finally came out & was still cold. The entire experience was uncomfortable and the food gets a D. I definitely think management should know how their employees act in front of customers when they are not present.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

We were moving some friends into a new apartment the other weekend in Brandon. There were about 12 of us there. Someone offered to get pizza for us from Villa Rina New York Style Pizza and Pasta. They came back with one gigantic 28" pizza, with four different sections of toppings. The pizza was thin, yummy, and it was all eaten up very quickly.

1  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Late on a weekday evening, we stopped in to order a pizza to takeaway. Only one other customer inside but the delivery drivers were busy. The place was staffed by young kids who were not too interested in taking care of customers. Football was on the TV and the staff members (seemed to be a lot for a not so busy night) talked to each other and watched TV.
We checked out the menu and ordered a pizza with three toppings. It seemed expensive at $20 when most of the pizzas on the menu are about $15. It took longer than it should have because the cook was busy watching football.
The pizza was ok. We were hungry and ate it. I would recommend this place. You can do better.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

I used to go to this place alot when it was owned by Tony from Ardmore, PA. Im from Warminster, PA. Pretty picky about Cheesesteaks and Tony made one of the best. Sold restaurant over a year ago and today was my 1st time back. The Cheesesteaks were called in 20 minutes in advance. Got there they haven't even started on them. Th cook was sweating so bad I could see it ready to drip from his nose and I was afraid it was going to drip in my food. Messed up one of the 4 steaks and had to redo it. When I finally got my steaks after waiting 30 mins. they forgot the fries./ They offered me 2 slices of cold cheese pizza instead of refund. On my way home I realized that they also forgot my Marinara sauce which they also charged me for. Upon arrival at my house the toasted bun was raw bread, no0t even warm. Kind of spongy rubbery and never toasted. The Cheesesteaks were very mediocre at best. They were very busy and and were behind in orders. They also had the iced tea container leaking all over the counter while i was there

Been to Villa Rina Pizza INC? Share your experiences!