“Good sushi, great prices, excellent service”
Review of Sushi Cafe

Sushi Cafe
Ranked #249 of 2,607 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

I drive down here from Wesley Chapel and pass another sushi place that has gotten to expensive for the same quality as here. Live the Tampa Roll, Escolar, tuna tatami and their crunch tolls. The sashimi is always fresh.

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Business travel required me to travel on Easter. Slim pickings on restaurants. Luckily I found Sushi Cafe near to the hotel. The food is well prepared and the fish appropriately fresh. Nice find.

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

Nice decor, friendly wait staff, very ordinary food. All iceberg salad and slightly sweet ginger dressing. We also had tempura which I thought was poor and my husband thought ws good . All three sushi rolls that we had were poor for one reason or another. With sushi in the name and the other reviews here we expected better

Reviewed 25 February 2016

This place hands down has some great sushi. Its always fresh and reasonably priced. The staff has always been friendly. When have been coming here since we moved to Wesley Chapel in 2011.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

I found this restaurant by accident while on a business trip and I'm happy I did. The restaurant is in a fairly busy shopping center and as a result parking during peak times can be hard to find.

There is limited indoor seating however they have a large patio that holds three times more tables then there are indoors (it's enclosed to shelter diners from wind and rain).

The menu includes a diverse offering of standard and specialty rolls, sashimi and appetizers. Also found in the menu are a selection of Hibachi plates, plus Tempura and Teriyaki dinners.

I arrived at 3:15 and ordered two hand rolls, Ikura with quail eggs, sake (fresh salmon) sashimi and unagi (freshwater eel) sashimi, gyoza and shrimp tempura. It sounds like a lot of food but in most Japanese restaurants it wouldn't be. At Sushi Café it was too much food.

The gyoza portions were generous. Instead of the typical 4 pieces they served 9. This would be a good appetizer for two as it was too much for one person. On the other hand one order of gyoza and a salad would make for a nice lunch.

Like the gyoza the sashimi portions were also generous and very good as was the shrimp tempura. The ikura was tasty too. I liked my meal so much I decided to order Hibachi Filet and shrimp take out for later. Although I ate it after it had been refrigerated for hours it was still delicious, and the filet and shrimp were tender.

Service was very good and the restaurant was busy with what seemed to be frequent customers as they knew their servers and vice versa.

Fresh, reasonably Priced, Great Service and a Good Find.

Here's my subjective rating of Sushi Café based on a scale of 1 - 5 (5 being the best)

Service - 5
Value - 4
Location - 3
Cleanliness - 4
Seating - 3 indoor, 5 outdoor
Recommended - Yes

Been to Sushi Cafe? Share your experiences!