“Love this place”

Tokai Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #453 of 2,734 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Fried oyster sushi roll, spicy tuna and fried cheesecake are just the best and a must! Staff are friendly.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here with some co-workers on travel and enjoyed this little restaurant.  The hostess/waitress was vey nice.  We got our food in decent time and it was tasty.  The wasabi was fresh and the roles were reasonably priced.  I'll come back again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

One of the few Japanese places that still present you with a hot towel.

I thought the nigiri sushi was very good; the rolls good; and the pork ramen noodle soup and the seafood ramen noodle soup just okay.

Not fancy. Family run. Decent prices.

I enjoy my meals at Sushi Maru more, but I pay more for those too.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I can really appreciate the old school method of sushi ordering. Ticking boxes off a selection sheet. Nice touch of quail egg option on the salmon and flying fish sushi. The lightly smoked salmon was best on the plate. Scallops sushi was excellent, first time for me. The tuna was slightly stringy. Attentive service. Good value restaurant.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I stopped in for lunch. I just moved here a month ago. It's the first sushi place I've gone to that had gluten-free soy sauce! Finally! The sushi was fresh. The service was quick and friendly.